Riding to Louisiana Friday

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>

annnnnd why not?     picking on Harleys is easy, fun and provides endless giggles...
That is what I was thinking
laugh.gif
[/quote]
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Perhaps you haven't noticed, but around here we all do try to have a healthy respect for one another no matter what you ride.  Hayabusa.oRg is FAR from any kind of hate site.  It's fun to jab, but there's usually laughter following those jabs and everyone gets that it's a joke...that's not the case with your posts and I'm not the only one to notice it.

Lighten up and realize not everyone's laughing with you or find another place to call home...
If you're referring to the comment about his bike being loud and slow. A bike with no cans is loud and I will back his wife in a race against him and she won't get above 2nd gear to win.
boohoo.gif

annnnnd why not?     picking on Harleys is easy, fun and provides endless giggles...
Yea, it's like picking on your retarded neighbor.
Perhaps you haven't noticed, but around here we all do try to have a healthy respect for one another no matter what you ride.  Hayabusa.oRg is FAR from any kind of hate site.  It's fun to jab, but there's usually laughter following those jabs and everyone gets that it's a joke...that's not the case with your posts and I'm not the only one to notice it.

Lighten up and realize not everyone's laughing with you or find another place to call home...
Ummm, thanks for that, Michelle.. but it's not really the HD bashin that bothers me so much~ I can deal with most of the ignorance others have for something they really don't know nothin about~ It's more of the disrespect, for my wife and other lady riders around here, I see on here every now and then~ No worries.. though.. I know Brenda can out ride a few of these boys~
winkold.gif

Brenda did awesome on the ride there and back! I only lost her a couple times when manuvering through traffic~  
tounge.gif
  She even got quite a few props from some of the guys for makin the journey on her Busa~ We had to explain to a couple of them that the Busa is in fact a sport touring bike and not your basic sport bike~ When we did a liesure ride on Saturday.. one of the guys was toyin with her, so when she got a break she opened it up and gave them a nice taste of what the Busa can do when unleashed!  
laugh.gif
It was great! One of the burliest guys, riding a big ol' bagger, even walked up to her after the ride and told her.."pssst, don't tell these other guys, but I really love your Busa"... in jest of coarse, but he really was diggin her Busa~ I'm sure she's got a few stories to share~  
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

Greg,
I think you should bring that "port-a-john" to Robbinsville for Zuk. Then again I guess we don't need the EPA complaining about poor outside air quality...

Glad you guys had a good trip and are back safe. BUT, where's the pics?
dunno.gif

Just thought I'd add a pic from this weekend of my two most treasured loves in my life~  
cool.gif

1879883764_bdb0937e1c_o.jpg

Greg,
I think you should bring that "port-a-john" to Robbinsville for Zuk. Then again I guess we don't need the EPA complaining about poor outside air quality...

Glad you guys had a good trip and are back safe. BUT, where's the pics?  
dunno.gif
Got quite a few pics actually... just wasn't sure they'd be appreciated here and don't wanna stir the pot no more then it already has been~ I'll let Brenda decide what pics she wants to post for ya'll~ Besides, some of them can't be posted here... after all it was a Harley Bash and most of us know what goes on at those events...woooohooo!
winkold.gif

Finally got the pics uploaded and organized.

Had a great time. And 1612 miles later, still love my busa. Only thing that hurt was my right wrist (need a throttle lock if we do that again) and my right knee from not being able to flex it. I tried straightening it, but at 85-90, the wind would just whip it off to the side and tweak my hip. I did stand up a few times, I think I made a couple truckers swerve. .

I wish I had gotten the bicycle shorts like someone suggested. Coming back, at about 1400 miles it felt like I was sitting on a wooden plank instead of a seat.

But all in all, great ride.

The biker meet was fun, was able to try some moonshine for the first time. I went for the "weak" version, but it still warmed me up really well.

I could have done without the wet t-shirt contest, but hey... men will be men.

On the ride Saturday to Red River, I was very polite, stayed at the back of the pack and minded my manners. BUT ...coming out of the park, one of the HD guys pulls beside me and revs.. so I try to jet forward a bit, but GJoker swerved and I had no room. So I yelled at the guy "I ran out of room!" he laughs and backs off a bit, so I jump over and throttle it WFO and hit a triple digit before popping it into 3rd. There is a corner coming at me pretty fast, and I was too hot. Did a little emergency braking and brought it around ok. I pull over and wait. As they passed I was watching their faces to see if they were mad. No one even looked at me. I was like "ohh crap".

So we get back to the party site and an old grizzly biker walks up to me and says.. "Don't you tell one of these guys, not a one... but I LOVE that Hayabusa. When you passed us I was green with envy. Now don't you tell ANY of them!" I just laughed. Even the host of the party said that I scared the crap out of him when I passed.. but then he adds "but I liked it."

Saturday night a sheriff came around 9pm, just as the girls were removing the wet t-shirts on stage. Now being from Florida.. GJoker and I were freaking out. Here they would be charged with indecent exposure and courted off. Guess things are different in Louisianna. The LEO just told us to keep the noise down.. then had a coke, let the girls pose on his cruiser, and then finally left after telling us the score of the LSU game. About 2 hours later he came back with his boss and another LEO in tow. I think they just wanted to see more of the contest.

All of a sudden I hear "she did it" and everyone is pointing at me. I duck behind GJoker and peak over his shoulder. The LEO says "Come here" so I did, thinking "oh crap, what did I do?" then he says "Is that your busa?" I said yes, he says "nice ride! I've got a stretched and slammed gixxer 600.. I ride with this group called.... blah blah blah..." about 15 mins later he moved on to someone else. I think they all got sodas and a plate of food before they left.

Never in my life have I seen LEOs like these guys. (well except PDBusa of course )

Also I got major props from several guys for riding 700+ miles on a "Crotch Rocket".

Oh, and we were incident free until half way down from Tallahassee... "woot woot" and lights behind us. 77 in a 65. Both of us.. $155 ticket - each, and 3 points - each. Bummer.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Nothing like husband and wife sharing things in life. Props to you guys!  
beerchug.gif
Great pics too!

Thanks for the update and the "kudos". Glad you guys had fun.
Yeah, me responding to a wet T-shirt contest.
"As soon as you are done, I'm going to have to ask you to stop..."  
woot.gif

Uh Greg, not to stir the pot.... (because we all know I don't do that) BUT, there 3 things in that pic...

Wait a sec Brenda, I'll get a stick for you!  
spank.gif

whistling.gif

Sounds like a great ride.. Funny how any true "bike" rider can appreciate the Busa...

Just how tall are you? you have the same issues I did with long rides..

I got buell pegs for the knees (and take advil before each ride),Rostra Electronic cruise for the wrist and a sheep hide for the seat (Thanks for the tip Doyle)..

Now you need to get rested up for the Spring Bash

Sounds like a great ride.. Funny how any true "bike" rider can appreciate the Busa...

Just how tall are you?  you have the same issues I did with long rides..

I got buell pegs for the knees (and take advil before each ride),Rostra Electronic cruise for the wrist and a sheep hide for the seat (Thanks for the tip Doyle)..

Now you need to get rested up for the Spring Bash
I'm 5'5".

I tried the Buell pegs when GJoker had his on his Busa. I didn't like how my foot had to come up over the peg to reach the shifter. Maybe an adjustment could have helped... I didn't delve into it that far.

The sheepskin is definately something I'll look into, since that can be used only for the long hauls.

And I'm thinking a throttle rocker for the wrist, I'd love a throttle meister, but it's too $$ for me right now. I tried relaxing the fingers, and just letting my palm hold the throttle, but it didn't seem to help.

As for the advil.. I did take 3 before we left, and probably 2 every other stop. Just wasn't helping. But this is from a person who takes 10mg vicodins and soma muscle relaxers on a regular basis. I'm sure my "immune" system is whacked.
laugh.gif

Suprisingly enough neither my back, or my neck, (multiple collapsing discs, herniations and arthritis) hurt AT ALL the whole weekend. I've always said the Busa was my therapy... guess that just proves the point.
winkold.gif

Props to you Brenda, thats a long haul! Thanks for the pics, looks like you had a great time. See you guys at the bash!
beerchug.gif

Back