Riding to Louisiana Friday

Great pics, glad it was a good time overall...can't believe the tickets though - bummer
sad.gif
77 in a 65 isn't that bad...most cops would look the other way, at least that's the assumption I ride with
laugh.gif

So glad to hear the ride wasn't painful for ya...riding is good for the back/neck issues
smile.gif

Great pics, glad it was a good time overall...can't believe the tickets though - bummer  
sad.gif
 77 in a 65 isn't that bad...most cops would look the other way, at least that's the assumption I ride with  
laugh.gif

So glad to hear the ride wasn't painful for ya...riding is good for the back/neck issues  
smile.gif
We may have got off with a warning.. but then GJoker had to correct the trooper's statement of "Motorcycle Insurance is mandatory in Florida"

GJoker - "No it's not. Only if you have the bike financed, or don't ride with a helmet, or don't have health insurance...." I think the word "Dumba$$" was mostly under his breath.

That's when I walked to the grassy ditch and waited for the ticket.
whistling.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

sad.gif
laugh.gif

smile.gif
We may have got off with a warning.. but then GJoker had to correct the trooper's statement of "Motorcycle Insurance is mandatory in Florida"

GJoker - "No it's not. Only if you have the bike financed, or don't ride with a helmet, or don't have health insurance...." I think the word "Dumba$$" was mostly under his breath.

whistling.gif
laugh.gif
That's just so wrong
rofl.gif

laugh.gif

And I'm thinking a throttle rocker for the wrist, I'd love a throttle meister, but it's too $$ for me right now. I tried relaxing the fingers, and just letting my palm hold the throttle, but it didn't seem to help.
When I go on long rides, I sometimes rest my elbows on my knees to give my wrists a break.
If you get ready for a cruise control, you can use the Audiovox 100 ($100) or the Rostra full electric ($250 but does not use vacuum).

Thanks for the update and the "kudos". Glad you guys had fun.
Yeah, me responding to a wet T-shirt contest.
"As soon as you are done, I'm going to have to ask you to stop..."  
woot.gif

Uh Greg, not to stir the pot.... (because we all know I don't do that) BUT, there 3 things in that pic...

Wait a sec Brenda, I'll get a stick for you!  
spank.gif

whistling.gif
You are correct, but I said "...MY two most treasured loves"~ The busa is all hers~
biggrin.gif

Oh yeah.. did I mention I felt no pain what so ever.. no saddle sores.. no wrist problems... in fact the only pain I felt was on the outside of my ankles.. from layin my feet over on the forward pegs when travelin down the highway!
tounge.gif
(you can see Brenda and I in the mirror shot)

sad.gif
laugh.gif

smile.gif

whistling.gif

laugh.gif
That's just so wrong
rofl.gif
Yeah...
banghead.gif
..that was my fault for correcting the occifer on Florida motorcycle laws~ I just couldn't believe it when he asked me for my insurance card! I looked at him in question and said "Why you need that? It's not even required to have insurance on a motorcycle" He just replyed with.. "Yes it is".. to which I had to say, as I'm handing him my insurance card. "No it's not,unless you are financing and the bank requests it to cover their investment" I knew then, we were screwed~ Shoulda just...
shutup.gif

laugh.gif

a bit off topic but where did you see that FL did not require ins? (latest 2007 printing)
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
324.022 Financial responsibility for property damage.--Every owner or operator of a motor vehicle, which motor vehicle is subject to the requirements of ss. 627.730-627.7405 and required to be registered in this state, shall, by one of the methods established in s. 324.031 or by having a policy that complies with s. 627.7275, establish and maintain the ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents arising out of the use of the motor vehicle in the amount of $10,000 because of damage to, or destruction of, property of others in any one crash. The requirements of this section may also be met by having a policy which provides coverage in the amount of at least $30,000 for combined property damage liability and bodily injury liability for any one crash arising out of the use of the motor vehicle. No insurer shall have any duty to defend uncovered claims irrespective of their joinder with covered claims.

History.--s. 8, ch. 88-370; s. 1, ch. 89-238; s. 302, ch. 99-248. [/quote]

The statue pages

a bit off topic but where did you see that FL did not require ins? (latest 2007 printing)
<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
324.022  Financial responsibility for property damage.--Every owner or operator of a motor vehicle, which motor vehicle is subject to the requirements of ss. 627.730-627.7405 and required to be registered in this state, shall, by one of the methods established in s. 324.031 or by having a policy that complies with s. 627.7275, establish and maintain the ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents arising out of the use of the motor vehicle in the amount of $10,000 because of damage to, or destruction of, property of others in any one crash. The requirements of this section may also be met by having a policy which provides coverage in the amount of at least $30,000 for combined property damage liability and bodily injury liability for any one crash arising out of the use of the motor vehicle. No insurer shall have any duty to defend uncovered claims irrespective of their joinder with covered claims.

The statue pages[/quote]
Nice research... I'll have to see if I can dig something up for you on motorcycles~ That there pertains more towards the cages in this state~ A motorcycle is concidered a recreation vehicle~ I'll try to be as thourough in my research as you did here~
winkold.gif

Here ya go...
cool.gif

Department of Highway Safety & Motor Vehicles    

Motorcycles

Insurance for Motorcycles  

*  Is insurance required for motorcycles in Florida?

Under certain circumstances Yes. Insurance is not required to register motorcycles as with four-wheel motor vehicles. However, if a motorcycle operator is charged in a crash with injuries, then the owner or owner/operator is financially responsible for bodily injuries and property damage to others. If no liability coverage was in effect, then bodily injury/property damage liability insurance must be purchased and kept for three years to avoid license and tag/registration suspension or to reinstate license and tag/registration after suspension.

*  What about motorcycle passenger insurance?

If you plan to carry passengers it is a good idea to ask your insurance carrier about the need for carrying passenger insurance coverage.

*  Is there a minimum age requirement for motorcycle passengers?

Florida law does not address a minimum age for passengers. However, other laws may apply such as endangering a minor.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
324.022  Financial responsibility for property damage.--Every owner or operator of a motor vehicle, which motor vehicle is subject to the requirements of ss. 627.730-627.7405 and required to be registered in this state, shall, by one of the methods established in s. 324.031 or by having a policy that complies with s. 627.7275, establish and maintain the ability to respond in damages for liability on account of accidents arising out of the use of the motor vehicle in the amount of $10,000 because of damage to, or destruction of, property of others in any one crash. The requirements of this section may also be met by having a policy which provides coverage in the amount of at least $30,000 for combined property damage liability and bodily injury liability for any one crash arising out of the use of the motor vehicle. No insurer shall have any duty to defend uncovered claims irrespective of their joinder with covered claims.

The statue pages[/quote]
...and then...

Optional motorcycle insurance detrimental to riders

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Injuries and deaths from motorcycle accidents are increasing. Florida law may make it cheaper and easier to own a motorcycle.

But in too many instances, roads become extremely costly for the biker.

With the growth of everything else in the Bay area, the number of bikers on the road is also growing. With that comes more accidents.

Jerry Palladino is a motor officer trainer who teaches motorcycle safety.

Watch Video
Most Florida motorcyclists are not insured.
"Right now, the biggest age group getting into the most crashes and the most deaths are actually 40-55-year-olds," Palladino said. "And that's generally because they're re-entry riders, people who rode many years ago who want to get back into motorcycle riding."

According to the Florida Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles , the number of bikers injured in motorcycle accidents has gone from less than 4,500 in 2000 to more than 6,500 four years later.

Click here for enlarged image. The number of bikers killed has risen from just above 200 to almost 400 in the same period.

"The vast majority of crashes are the motorists' fault, and they usually occur in intersections where the vehicle violates the right of way," Palladino said.

Even worse, many of those injured or killed didn't have insurance. In fact, crash statistics show uninsured riders accounted for about 70 percent of motorcyclists injured or killed in recent years. It's the biker who loses in the end.

"If that particular driver has a $10,000 or $20,000 insurance policy, that's probably not going to cover or come anywhere near covering your medical bills," Palladino said. "If you have no insurance yourself, you're just out of luck."

Florida is one of only two states left that don't require motorcycle insurance across the board. When some have the choice of riding for free instead of paying up to thousands of dollars a year, they choose the first, often times to their detriment.

Palladino said many bikers don't get insurance because of the cost. "I've got several motorcycles and I wouldn't ride on the road without having insurance and without having a helmet and protective gear," Palladino said.

Under Florida law, motorcycle insurance is optional for those age 21-and-older and wearing a helmet.

Palladino added 25-year-old and under bikers are less likely to carry insurance. That's because they're riding sport motorcycles that can cost up to $4,000 a year for insurance.

The only other state that doesn't require motorcycle insurance is the state of Washington.

Link to actual report

thanks for the link... would I argue the point with a LEO? hmmmmm ($240 per year full coverage on the busa for me) Still seems they would educate their LEOs better than that... Out there enforcing non-existent laws... sheeesh

I called GEICO about a ZX12 I wanted to buy in 2005. The bike was $9K, the insurance was $4500 per year. I was 33 years old, no accidents, no tickets, not even an insurance claim.

I could replace the bike every 2 years for what I would have paid for insurance. The agent said it was high because 98% of sport riders file a claim.

thanks for the link... would I argue the point with a LEO? hmmmmm     ($240 per year full coverage on the busa for me)  Still seems they would educate their LEOs better than that... Out there enforcing non-existent laws... sheeesh
No.. yer right.. I shoulda just kept my trap shut, but he caught me off gaurd and I was speakin before thinkin!  
blush.gif

We do keep full coverage on both our bikes... mostly for the thievin factor~ My son doesn't have any on his Gixxer, but that's only because he's jobless and couldn't afford it right now anyhow~  
winkold.gif

Back