Oil lamp stays light and will not even crank

dante.anora

Registered
It all started one day returning from a group ride, the "F1" light came on while riding and engine started to intermittently cutting off. When I came to a stop the bike died and refused to start, I had to do few roll starts on the side of I95 until I pulled into a gas station. I allowed to cool down while I googled some answers. Luckily I had tools, extra fuses and a voltmeter so I started tinkering with it as it refused to start again and the oil lamp stayed on.

I checked the following: oil level, kick stand switch, (fuel switch thingy that shuts engine off if you fall which was a little loose); I checked fuses, clutch switch, kill switch, start button and it all seemed alright, I couldn't check the oil pressure switch. There were too many cars to attempt a roll start so I started it by connecting the battery straight to the starter. Finally got home by running red lights and rolling stop signs.

After a couple of hours I tore here apart to start checking again as it failed to start. It all begins as it normally would when you switch it on; fuel system whines after it clicks, gauges starts disappearing excluding the oil lamp which stayed on. KICKSTAND ALL THE WAY UP, IN NEUTRAL, BIG RED BUTTON SWITCHED, (even depressed the clutch for good measure) but no start, not even a crank. I replaced the oil, drained the fuel and replaced with new, no start. . It'll start by jumping the starter, so a safety fail-device must be preventing it from cranking at all right? I think its the oil pressure switch, but when disconnected the wire from it (no start) and grounded it to something else the oil light comes back on....and no crank. I'm at wits end here, any help would be greatly appreciated fellas.

471613_440498039307179_951210588_o.jpg

Back