Selling My K7 1k and buying a 350Z- Am I crazy?

I just had an hour long conversation with a friend who was tryin to talk me into a Mustang Cobra, or a Vette Z06. I'm not crazy enough to think the Z is the end all in performance. But I am smart enough to know when I wanna go really fast, all cars are really lacking. Speed is best accomplished on two wheels.

I simply want a low slung, 2 door, RWD, go cart styled car- one that can be found everywhere for little money.

Even though I respect the Porsches, Vettes, Cobras, etc. I'm pretty much a Japanese import guy- and I know most of these cars aren't made in Japan anymore...

And by date, I meant the wife and I.

Also, I've owned a 2002 WRX AND A 2005 STi (which I miss dearly). As such I'm not considering an EVO or anything similar-been there and done that.

-AJ

i would suggest buying the z or finding a nice decked out g35. There is a cool forum that has some for sale if you want a modded one with a ton of hp:)

I just had an hour long conversation with a friend who was tryin to talk me into a Mustang Cobra, or a Vette Z06. I'm not crazy enough to think the Z is the end all in performance. But I am smart enough to know when I wanna go really fast, all cars are really lacking. Speed is best accomplished on two wheels.

I simply want a low slung, 2 door, RWD, go cart styled car- one that can be found everywhere for little money.

Even though I respect the Porsches, Vettes, Cobras, etc. I'm pretty much a Japanese import guy- and I know most of these cars aren't made in Japan anymore...

Also, I've owned a 2002 WRX AND A 2005 STi (which I miss dearly). As such I'm not considering an EVO or anything similar-been there and done that.

-AJ
Get the Z bro, Since your speed is accomplished on the Busa and the 1000 isnt you only bike, no reason not to. What color ya thinkin? Im partial to the burnt orange myself

Now your talkin:whistle: Since we've thoughly hijacked this thread already, ill incude a pic that had little or nothing to do with the original topic:laugh:

My 04 STi

SANY1270.jpg

If ya dont ride it much i say sell it and get what you want, you can always buy another bike. I was in this predicament after i got the busa, didnt ride the 900RR much, loved the bike but sold that to fund a big turbo for the truck!!!:whistle:

Love the Z's. It seems everyone has a 'stang and a z06. The Z's seem to be far and few between. Hey you could always put a turbo on the busa instead of getting a Z.

Do it! I have both. Have you given thought to an S2000? I had one of those too. It has the giddy up and wow factor built in one car. The handling is also superb. When you want that "free feeling" you get on a bike, put the top down and ride! :laugh:

IMG_0658_1.JPG

S2000.jpg

a turbo s2k is a quick little ride. built right, it'll stick with a busa until you're deep in illegal territory

why is that when these threads come up....some people always get feelings because someone is dissing thier favorite car.

350z is a nice car.....and I am sure you could throw a bunch of money at it and make it even better. however, to compare it to a stock 'vette or 911 is just a ricer move. adding the same amount of money to a 911, vette, cobra etc....will give you a car that will stomp a 350z .

but in the end they are all good cars, and it comes down to taste. some prefer japanese cars, some prefer the sound and feel of an American V8.

-AJ

everyone needs a Terminator

svtvenm-albums-03-04-mustang-cobra-terminators-picture12-sweet-blacked-out-svt-cobra-mustang-terminator-shot-side.jpg

What color? Anything other than red. Maybe black if its not too rough looking.

S2Ks are way too small for me, but they're slick. I'm just not moved by most American muscle. The speed and raw power are awesome but I just don't care for American cars- I specifically hate American car interiors.

-AJ

Last edited:
What color? Anything other than red. Maybe black if its not too rough looking.

S2Ks are way too small for me, but they're slick. I'm just not moved by most American muscle. The speed and raw power are awesome but I just don't care for American cars- I specifically hate American car interiors.

-AJ

then you wont like a 350z iirc it was designed in Merika :p

Really bad alignment issues. You will be changing front tires every 6-9months. The stock engines are not setup for power. They had poor rod&main bolts, so when you do add power they spin bearimgs. My bud had a 350Z and I heard all about it. They Z's have the minivan engine.

Go for an early 2000's Z06. You can find them in the mid-high teens.

Last edited:
why is that when these threads come up....some people always get feelings because someone is dissing thier favorite car.

350z is a nice car.....and I am sure you could throw a bunch of money at it and make it even better. however, to compare it to a stock 'vette or 911 is just a ricer move. adding the same amount of money to a 911, vette, cobra etc....will give you a car that will stomp a 350z .

but in the end they are all good cars, and it comes down to taste. some prefer japanese cars, some prefer the sound and feel of an American V8.

I think the point is that the 350Z is a much less expensive car than the 911 or Z06 therefore you have a lot more money left in your wallet in order to do the mods. To mod a 911 you are looking at a 6 figure car to start. Personally I love the 911 as well as the Z06 or 350Z. I also love the RX8, STI and I would kill for a GTR. Love of cars has no nationality for me but I do have a very restricted budget as many on this forum do. The GTR, 911 and Z06 are just non-starters when you look at the bankbook. Plus, modding cars is just plain fun.....kinda like modding Busas!:thumbsup:

I think the point is that the 350Z is a much less expensive car than the 911 or Z06 therefore you have a lot more money left in your wallet in order to do the mods. To mod a 911 you are looking at a 6 figure car to start. Personally I love the 911 as well as the Z06 or 350Z. I also love the RX8, STI and I would kill for a GTR. Love of cars has no nationality for me but I do have a very restricted budget as many on this forum do. The GTR, 911 and Z06 are just non-starters when you look at the bankbook. Plus, modding cars is just plain fun.....kinda like modding Busas!:thumbsup:

i assumed from the original post we were looking at something from the $10K-$20k range...as he was going to sell the GSXR and put in a little cash.

so no we are not looking at 6 figure cars, but a clean 'vette or a 911 can be found in that price range. The 350z is decent car, but it is not in the same league as a LS powered Vette or a Cobra. I love RX7's but not the RX8's, I would rather drive a older Supra,RX7 or even a clean 300zx because those cars are i think the best looking cars to come from japan, just plain sexy....

Subaru's and Mitsu's are cool cars, but really are just hopped up japanese hot rods and that may be cool for some...but not my style.

but like i said...its all about what floats your boat.

Where are you guys finding 911's in the 10 - 20K range? I can get a 2003 911 Carrerra for $35K and up all day long, but nothing cheaper unless you get back into the early 90s models. Not collectible and going to require significant maintenance soon.

AD, do what makes you feel good. Go drive a 350Z and see if you like it. I like them, my wife hated driving it. Different strokes for different folks.

I agree with Pandanin when he wonders where the $10-20k 911's are? That price range here in Canada puts you in an 80's version which will get smoked by a stock 350Z. You also have to factor in the cost of mods for a Porsche vs Nissan and the very high maintenance costs on a 911. Even if you do find a nice inexpensive one the long term costs are going to be much higher than the Japanese alternative. I mentioned 6 figure cars as you can find any car in any price range if you look hard enough but comparing new car values emphasises the huge difference in the original cost off the showroom floor....we are comparing oranges to bananas here. BTW, you reminded me that I forgot the Evo....love those too! At least we do agree on one thing....Busa's are the cats pyjamas!:laugh:

Last edited:
Back