Am I crazy???

amad

Registered
This may be a stupid thing to ask advice about on a Hayabusa forum, but here goes.
I've lately been considering selling my Busa. Not only that, but my replacement bike would be the new 2008 Ninja 250.
ohsnap1.gif
I know, I know. Let me explain.
My wife has a 2005 Ninja 250. I have a 2006 Ninja 650. And I have my 2005 Busa. I've had it for about 6 months. I have to say that riding her 250 is a lot more fun than riding the Busa. I was thinking of selling the Busa and her 250 and getting a new 250. I would keep my Ninja 650 for two up riding.
Here are the pros and cons.

Busa pros:
-It looks awesome.
-It has an awesome image.
-The power is a rush.

Busa cons:
-It is frustrating to ride, because I have to hold back on the power if I want to keep my license.
-How much power does a person need unless racing?
-I have a lot of money tied up in it.

Ninja 250 pros:
-It's a blast to ride.
woot.gif
It's more fun to ride a small bike fast than a fast bike slow.
-It is so light weight that I can take corners much faster on it than the Busa
-It gets about 80 mpg.
-It's only $3499 brand new.
-The new 2008 Ninja 250 has awesome styling.
-It's plenty fast enough (even for interstate).

Ninja 250 cons:
-It has the image of being a beginner's bike.
-It is not so good for two up riding (but I would still have the 650 for that.)

So there it is. What do you guys think? Any opinions are welcome.
ThumbsUp.gif

sounds like it would be a good idea to sell the hayabusa, if you are having issue's holding back all that power so you can keep your licence. why dont you just buy an 08 and ride it in c-mode.

sounds like it would be a good idea to sell the hayabusa, if you are having issue's holding back all that power so you can keep your licence. why dont you just buy an 08 and ride it in c-mode.
That's a lot of money to dump to ride in C mode.

As far as two up goes, the Ninja 650 does great.

Bottom line is do what you need to suit you and your family. I dont care what kind of bike you ride as long as you ride and have fun. Do you plan to quit the forum too and join a ninja forum forever banishing the busa? I doubt it. Sell her if she is not what you want get the ninja. Oh, and yes your crazy.
laugh.gif

if its a $$ issue get rid of the busa if not you will always regret getting rid of it IMO

In my opinion you would be bored in the first season with the smaller bike. Ive ridden smaller bikes after I already had my busa and they are like a novelty. That feeling of throwing a tiny bike around wears off and then you are stuck with it. Then in six months you will be posting here asking where to get the best deal on a new or used busa.

Just want to say YES!!!! You are absolutely crazy. I have always dreamed of having a busa many years ago and nexer thought it would happen. Now that I have one, they would have to pry it from my cold hands to take my bike from me.

Just want to say YES!!!! You are absolutely crazy. I have always dreamed of having a busa many years ago and nexer thought it would happen. Now that I have one, they would have to pry it from my cold hands to take my bike from me.

My friends at the local Kawasaki dealership say the 250 Ninja is a dependable bike but you get what you pay for. Since it is a cheaper bike,the suspension and brakes are not the best and the bike is buget built. I think you could do with more power with something like the Ninja 650. Gas mileage should be great unless you cane it a lot.

Sounds like you made up your mind already. Sell the 'busa to someone who will really enjoy it and you can have fun on your 250.

This may be a stupid thing to ask advice about on a Hayabusa forum, but here goes.
I've lately been considering selling my Busa.  Not only that, but my replacement bike would be the new 2008 Ninja 250.  
ohsnap1.gif
  I know, I know.  Let me explain.
My wife has a 2005 Ninja 250. I have a 2006 Ninja 650.  And I have my 2005 Busa.  I've had it for about 6 months.  I have to say that riding her 250 is a lot more fun than riding the Busa.  I was thinking of selling the Busa and her 250 and getting a new 250.  I would keep my Ninja 650 for two up riding.
Here are the pros and cons.

Busa pros:
-It looks awesome.
-It has an awesome image.
-The power is a rush.

Busa cons:
-It is frustrating to ride, because I have to hold back on the power if I want to keep my license.
-How much power does a person need unless racing?
-I have a lot of money tied up in it.

Ninja 250 pros:
-It's a blast to ride.
woot.gif
  It's more fun to ride a small bike fast than a fast bike slow.
-It is so light weight that I can take corners much faster on it than the Busa
-It gets about 80 mpg.
-It's only $3499 brand new.
-The new 2008 Ninja 250 has awesome styling.
-It's plenty fast enough (even for interstate).

Ninja 250 cons:
-It has the image of being a beginner's bike.
-It is not so good for two up riding (but I would still have the 650 for that.)

So there it is.  What do you guys think?  Any opinions are welcome.
ThumbsUp.gif
corner2.png

Given your current mental status, just ship the Busa to my addy and all your problems will be resolved. No, I'm being serious ..............................

Back