Wants and needs. Am I crazy?

Big E

Donating Member
Registered
I recently made an impulse buy that has me thinking. Still in the box. I owe a little less than 4K left on my loan. The impluse buy is close to paying off the loan. Also thinking of the list of mods that are on the bike currently, I could have paid off the loan already. Am I crazy for not paying off the loan first before doing all the mods?

I recently made an impulse buy that has me thinking. Still in the box. I owe a little less than 4K left on my loan. The impluse buy is close to paying off the loan. Also thinking of the list of mods that are on the bike currently, I could have paid off the loan already. Am I crazy for not paying off the loan first before doing all the mods?

Depends on the interest rate you're paying on the bike loan and whether you are comfortable with the payments.

Bike payments are easy with low interest. The impulse buy on the other hand, not so good. I bought it on with my CC.

Am I crazy or just plain stupid?

9f1da1a9.jpg

Its just money... you can always make more.

Its your money, but I would only spend that much money on 100+HP. Nice wheels though!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk

You only pass this way once and only you know your own personal circumstances.

Looks to me like ya done well.

Best regards Stretch.

Sometimes an impulse buy is just a lil push that you need to get what you really want. They look good:thumbsup:

I tihnk that's really selfish Big E. Think of all the things you could do for someone with that money. It kills me how people with money flant it in this time of trouble for so many people. You should really take a look at yourself and ask if there is something or someone that I could have helped with this money - not whether or not I can waste it on some unless bling to roll around and pose with. I hate to preach but this sort of thing really makes you look like a selfish pig. So, send those to me and I'll look like a selfish pig for you and you won't have to feel guilty:laugh:

For me personally, I own 5 vehicles and they are all paid for. I hate having a loan on a car and get them paid off ASAP after purchase, or pay in full at time of purchase.

That is just me though. If I could afford it, I would pay off my house too and then fix it up instead of the other way around.

It's your life and your money! Your not going to take 1 cent to the grave. As long as you take care of you and yours first spend it however you wish! Nice wheels:thumbsup:

I can see being comfortable with the bike payments, But the CC interest rate always give me pause. That is purely my own view though.

If you think it is worth it go for it. From your post it seems like you are having buyers remorse. Or is it something more? Not trying to push you one way or the other. Nice wheels none the less.

I have been wanting to do something like this since I got my bike. I always stop right at the point of doing it. After spending thousands and thousands on cars I just got tired of spending I guess. I have a nice bike and would love to have quite a few things for it but just cant seem to bite the bullet. I don't have the desire to spend on the bike like I did the cars for some reason. I feel If you have it spend it, If you want it get it.As long as you are happy with it that is all that matters. Besides you can not take anything with you so enjoy life while you can. By the way, Nice wheels:laugh:

Purchasing toys on credit is never a GOOD idea in my view. Although necessary for those who have issues managing their income.

I have never purchased a toy on credit and it's paid big dividends over the years. In the early days when I was struggling I purchased used bikes that I could afford and only when I could afford it. I was in my late twenties when I purchased my first new harley and paid cash. I've never carried insurance on a bike and still don't. If I crash it I fix it. Ebay is a God Sent!

When I started my business back in the 70's I purchased an old dodge pickup that I paid cash for. The fenders were flopping and the paint had big spots of rust. I drove that truck for two years until I saved enough cash to buy a better truck. I have purchased scores of new pickups over the past 35 years and not one have I financed.

I think being raised dirt poor in the south gave me the proper mind set to be successful in life. I learned very early in life the value of having a dollar in my pocket. I learned if I had money in my pocket it made everything negotiable. I also understood that I had to purchase that money from the bank, they didn't let me use it for free.

I have no issues with folks using OPM (Other Peoples Money) to purchase toys. All I'm saying is choices often times have consequencies. Make your choices wisely and life will be good to you! I guarantee it! :thumbsup:

Nice wheels by the way. I'm envious!

Back