Loan company wont release my title after paid off

badboysbailagnt

Donating Member
Registered
UPDATE I got the title in the mail today. Still took 6 months though.

I havernt ever seen so much bs in all my life.As some of you know i have a 05 busa and had a loan on it blah blah blah.  Well i was 2 months late and they wanted full payment or they were going to try and repo it.  So i  went ahead and paid the bike off in august and they are still giving me the run around about sending my title to me.  I had the loan through hsbc which i will never use again.  Hsbc gave me this number to call and i have left a 30 messeges with them over a 3 month period..They never answer the phone.  

Turn them in to the BBB
argue.gif

Try contacting the HSBC Corporate office @ (847) 564-5000, ask for Customer Service(?) and explain what is going on, nicely. Don't threaten, but tell them politely you need your title and ask what you need to do. Be prepared to fax or e-mail proof of pay-off. If you get nowhere with that, contact a lawyer for 1) your title 2) Lawyer fees. Sounds like you are trying to call a ghost extension.

Whatever route you take, good luck.

(Poppy @ Feb. 24 2007,13:05) Try contacting the HSBC Corporate office @ (847) 564-5000, ask for Customer Service(?) and explain what is going on, nicely. Don't threaten, but tell them politely you need your title and ask what you need to do. Be prepared to fax or e-mail proof of pay-off. If you get nowhere with that, contact a lawyer for 1) your title 2) Lawyer fees. Sounds like you are trying to call a ghost extension.

Whatever route you take, good luck.
Poppy has the right answer.  Make sure you have documented proof of the payoff and contact their corporate office.  If that fails then get an attorney to send a letter requesting immediate release.  Good luck and keep us posted!
thumbs-up.gif

You can call your State Senator and find out who the Head of the Financial Licensing Office is for your State and CALL them. Then put in a written complaint !

"OH" Yea, State Senators and Reps look at people who call and complain or who try to work out problems as two things. ONE, they VOTE, and TWO, they VOTE AND tell others who to  VOTE for or AGAINST ! Works wonders  
super.gif

IF THE LOAN HAS A ZERO BALANCE, THEN YOU SHOULD HAVE THAT TITLE IN YOUR HAND. THEY ARE WAY OUT OF BOUNDS DOING THAT. I WILL CALL ALSO. BE SURE TO REPORT THEM TO THE BBB. BECAUSE I'M SURE THEY REPORTED YOU TO THE CREDIT BUREAU WITH LATE PAYMENTS.
mad.gif
GOOD LUCK

(BA BUSA @ Feb. 24 2007,12:40) Turn them in to the BBB  
argue.gif
Better yet.

Talk with your state banking and insurance board.

If you have the dated pay-off reciept.

Regulations should say between 10-15 buisness days for their pay-off letter and your title to be sent out.

That title is your property and always has been.

Even more so now that it is lien free.

(badboysbailagnt @ Feb. 24 2007,12:34) I havernt ever seen so much bs in all my life.As some of you know i have a 05 busa and had a loan on it blah blah blah.  Well i was 2 months late and they wanted full payment or they were going to try and repo it.  So i  went ahead and paid the bike off in august and they are still giving me the run around about sending my title to me.  I had the loan through hsbc which i will never use again.  Hsbc gave me this number to call and i have left a 30 messeges with them over a 3 month period..They never answer the phone.  There number is 1 630 521 6975  if you guys would help me out and flood there answering machince it might help me.  Just tell them to call donald williams at 1 919-538-9394
Just called per your request

Good luck with them. Thanks for posting, I also have my bike fnanced with them. I hope they dont try to rip me.

If they reported your late payments on your credit record, then I wouldn't cut them any slack. Call BBB, senators, everybody.

If they didn't report your late payments on your credit report, then work with their main office first. Cut them a little slack.

Call customer service as was mentioned above. Hopefully they can help you get this resolved.

I'd think about legal action... I'm not so sure that if you have proof of payoff... and they won't turn over your title, that it's not theft.

Back