Loaned my mate the turbo

Rosco

Registered
My mate and I just went for a quick coffee run.
We met up at the local mall, had a quick coffee then took off.

He only had a few hours to spare cause he had to pick up his kid, so it was a short 50km run out of town to a little village and back.

We got there after dodging a few cars, had another leisurely coffee and a sandwich then I threw him the keys and said, “Give it a try, it won’t bite, just don’t snap it on too hard until you get a feel for itâ€.

His Ducati 750 was quiet a surprise, after 5 min it felt like I’d owned it for years. Talk about stable and hungry for the twisty bits. I understand how people fall for them; a 998 would have been cool.

Anyway, we get back and park in the drive, he pulls off his helmet and can’t get this idiot grin off his face. (Should have taken a pic).
I duck off to get rid of some coffee, wander into the lounge and he’s on the phone pacing madly up and down the room. “Holy crap! I just had to call someone, it just kept pulling in every gear, bloody hell! The things mad!†blah blah blah……

If you have friends you ride with, whose riding skills you trust, I really recommend swapping bikes around when your out for a play. I had a ball on the Duke when we hit the hills. There’s a lot of bikes out there and their all plenty of fun!

All up a great morning.
biggrin.gif

Cheers
Ross

I would love to take a spin on a turbo sometime.........or maybe not.

It'd probably ruin me!
tounge.gif

Yea, it's a bit like life really, once you’ve been blown there’s no going back.
wow.gif

Oops, did I just say that!
tounge.gif

f you have friends you ride with, whose riding skills you trust, I really recommend swapping bikes around when your out for a play. I had a ball on the Duke when we hit the hills. There’s a lot of bikes out there and their all plenty of fun!
[/QUOTE]

Aint no way in hell, I would let anyone ryde my girl. I've read to many sad stories of close relationships turning soar after a mishap with a friend ("with skills") tearing up their shid .

Aint no way in hell, I would let anyone ryde my girl. I've read to many sad stories of close relationships turning soar after a mishap with a friend ("with skills") tearing up their shid .
I hear what your saying, Its only a small number of friends I would do this with, we all respect each others stuff and it goes without saying there's a " I bend it, I mend it" attitude (not that its ever happened).

But your right, sometimes when money comes into it, a friendship can suddenly go south.

The way I feel about it is, if someone isn't comfortable swapping rides, no offence taken, lets hit the road!

biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Rosco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1131154867 -->

Sounds like your buddy enjoyed it! There are only a few select folks I would let ride any of my bikes, too. A very select few!

I switched out bikes a few weeks ago with a freind whom owns a R1.
Man it sucked not being able to keep up with my own bike.
Missed everything about my Busa compared to the Yami.
I don't know guys, but every other bike I have ridden in the last 5 years seems like my first Rupp Bandit mini- bike compared to riding the Bus.

I've had mine four afew months now and I still get that idiot grin and want to call somebody every time I ride it.

That was a very generous gesture.
Perhaps, someday, someone will let you ride their ZX14.
wow.gif

Back