Am I crazy??

rc51ny

Donating Member
Registered
So here's the story--I went to my local dealer looking to trade my '08 orange/black for a new 2010. (I trade bikes every other year). He tells me that the Suzuki rep told him there is a good possibility that nothing will be in until after the first of the year--PLUS--I'm not crazy about the colors I'm seeing for 2010. SOOOOOO--I'm thinking about trading for a ZX-14. I've ridden my son's 14 and I kinda like it. I'm thinking I might get the 14 now, then see what Suzuki comes out with in 2012. Am I crazy???????:duh:

Yep... your crazy as hell. Why trade for a new color?:whistle: Why not get the bike custom painted....???? Try putting your own twist on it. Aftermarket arm,wheels, engine mods, dash kit, new exhaust, catalyst tail section.....the list is endless.

Are you guys serious??? you would trade a bike in for a new color:rofl::rofl: Do you think the new color is faster or something.:poke:

Buy the new fairing kit :whistle: or get her painted:poke:

I dunno, I'm guessing it's more of a lease mentality, and always having a warranty. Getting a new color is probably just a nice perk.

At least I hope it's not just for the color change :laugh:

I plan on putting a theme on my bike this year. Going with a bright silver(pearl) with deep red(pearl) on top with red(powdercoated) wheels. Changing my forks out for GSXR1000 forks(slams bike to ground), switching to GSXR1000 wheels too(less weight) and alot cheaper than aftermarket ones. Even plan on a custom dash layout. Just something to freshen it up.

I dunno, I'm guessing it's more of a lease mentality, and always having a warranty. Getting a new color is probably just a nice perk.

At least I hope it's not just for the color change :laugh:

Warranty??????:laugh: whats that... :rofl: dont need that when you can get a complete engine for $1500. I never get those warranties on anything. But I can work on my bike if need be. If its a major problem with them Suzuki usually does a recall and everyone gets it FREE.:cheerleader:

You won't be happy after having the fastest color and trading it in on a slower one.:thumbsup:

Somebody get this guy a straitjacket! :cookoo::drooling3::cookoo:

Crazy is a crazy does!!!

Are you for real? What is with the trading in every two years. Do you realize how much money you are losing. Man you are gonna stay upside down unless you keep a bike long enough to pay it off. Not a smart decision either way you look at it.
Then you can't ask a bunch of Busa lovers should you trade for a ZX-14(the arch enemy).:laugh: Now you can buy a 14 and keep the Busa, but you can not trade in for one.:guns: You will be banned:laugh: Your an emotional shopper aren't you? :poke:

Why not just ride your busa for another two years and then wait till 2012 or you can just custom paint like others mentioned.

That's crazy talk. I can understand the need for the new bike smell, but the Busa will give you another year of good service if you don't like the 2010 color selection.

ZX14 = 30 MPG on premium, roasted thighs, dangerously low oil pan drain bolt, removing 50 plastic panels to work on anything, good luck removing air filter or battery....just a few thiings I remember from the one I owned.

Back