Do I need help Or am I crazy(help me) decide

jetset

Registered
I've been checking that ZX10 and I like it.When I was looking to buy another bike in 2K the ZX12 was my first choice since I was a loyal KZ fan.My first different brand was The BUSA and I love it so help me decide som insight is always the key and I know I can get here.
rock.gif

10 is a nice bike, but I don't think I'd ever wanna sell the Busa for a 10.......I'd like both.
I know for sure I wouldn't wanna spend lots of hours in one day on a ten, but a Busa.....I could spend all day on and still be comfy.
Be nice to have one for twisties though.

The 10 is a sweet bike, I have actually considered this. I cant afford both bikes, other wise I would. The busa offers me the best options because it is more comfortable for long rides and with two up. The wife has a lot to say about it, being her butt is on the back. She wants comfort.
laugh.gif
So be it. Its a hard choice, just think of what kind of riding you really want.

What is your primary riding style? Street, Track, 1/4-mile?

What is the reason for selling the Busa for a ZX-10? Speed, HP, Weight, cornering, etc.? What?
rock.gif

I don't think you will be happy with it! You will just end up trading it in on a 2005 Hayabusa if they finally re-design it like they have rumored for soooo......long!

I would wait until all the hype has diminshed and people are making sound reviews about the bike... (next year maybe)

The bike just came out and no one will really have sound reviews of the bike until they have had it a while... After all, what good is the bike, if its in the shop every other day...

On the other hand, we already know that the Busa will still be the Top Speed king and the best build bike on the market.

Cloud

I agree about the hype I try never to buy a bike its first year out thats why I have a 2k BUSA and a 04FJR.I've been on long rides on the BUSA 390 mi in a day, was enough.My interest is cornnering and I tend to ride over a buck from time to time I love twisties and I have a great 2up bike.I love my BUSA I had it 4yrs now and thinking of trying a litre bike

Nice bike lotta pop, but it's like selling you Dodge Ram for a Dodge Dakota.  Two different sized trucks for different purposes.  If you're a twisty freak who only rides for an hour at a time you'll be alright.  However if you like riding for hours on end, buy plenty of Advil
laugh.gif
  Also need to take into consideration youR size.  If you're smaller in stature that will aid in you achievement of comfort level on the 10.  Don't get me wrong though the 10 is pound for pound the quickest bike on the market.  Wouldn't try speeds over 150 though (so frigging light).

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084366182 -->

Nice bike lotta pop, but it's like selling you Dodge Ram for a Dodge Dakota.  Two different sized trucks for different purposes.  If you're a twisty freak who only rides for an hour at a time you'll be alright.  However if you like riding for hours on end, buy plenty of Advil
laugh.gif
  Also need to take into consideration youR size.  If you're smaller in stature that will aid in you achievement of comfort level on the 10.  Don't get me wrong though the 10 is pound for pound the fastest bike on the market.  Wouldn't try speeds over 150 though (so frigging light).

"10 is pound for pound the fastest bike on the market"... don't think so... last time I saw the numbers the 10 was still slower then the Busa and the 12R in the quarter and lets not even talk about top speed buddy...
smile.gif

Cloud

<!--EDIT|Cloud9
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083787923 -->

So you think they have built a better mouse trap?
Wait and our Busa's will be knocking them down in the straights at least.

Just so you know the 10 is smaller than there 600rr, I have a friend with one and hes just getting used to it, its wheelie happy and has almost the same horse as the busa, keep in mind the busa has 20lbs of torque.  I will never loose to a liter,lol<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td bgcolor="#FFE3F5" valign="middle" align="left">Spoiler (Highlight to Read):
</td></tr><tr><td bgcolor="#000000" valign="middle" align="left">[/QUOTE]

fjr and a zx10 man that would be the busa combo ! if i had a fjr and could afford another id get the zx10 best of two worlds.the busa happens to be the best for all around in one machine .but you can get down to it on those two bikes!

Hey my buddy has a 10. We rode this weekend. We did some high speed runs. The busa stays planted he said around 140 or so the front end felt very light and shaky. I like to feel planted. Probably different story on the twisties....... but I DON'T DO TWISTIES!!!!
tounge.gif

Love the 10 ...but before you switch let me ask you thhis.....What kind of riding do you do and how much time do you spend in the saddle? These are two different bikes for two different styles of riding. If you are more track oreinted then the 10 is great, as well as for short juants. If you want to ride hard and long in relative comfort stay with the busa.

Also .. what are you gonna do when the Suzuk upgrades the 1000 to outdo the 10
rock.gif
The Busa will always be a legend, kinda like a good wife... The 10 is a 1 night stand that will be outdone next season by a faster lighter bike and the cycle continues.

i'd have to say you're crazy. don't do it, you'll hate how uncomfortable the ZX10 is.
but more importantly, that shitty digi tach is terrible looking.

I see you're all BUSA lovers as myself your input is excellent. I never take my bike out if I can't put at least 100 miles on it gotta get out to the sticks to let loose.The distance riding makes sense. When I do distances I'm used to doing it on the BUSA but this year I've been on the FJR for distance but its not the same in the twisties.
Thanks for all the input my friend is going to let me put some miles on his ZX10 so he can ride the BUSA I'll be sure then.

laugh.gif
  Also need to take into consideration youR size.  If you're smaller in stature that will aid in you achievement of comfort level on the 10.  Don't get me wrong though the 10 is pound for pound the fastest bike on the market.  Wouldn't try speeds over 150 though (so frigging light).

"10 is pound for pound the fastest bike on the market"... don't think so... last time I saw the numbers the 10 was still slower then the Busa and the 12R in the quarter and lets not even talk about top speed buddy...
smile.gif

Cloud
Stop light to stop light that 10 will cut your throat if ya slip. Maybe gave it a little too much credit, but it's biggest edge (lightweight) is also it's biggest deficit (wheelie prone).

Back