Selling my Busa...hello S1k

Dozerdriver

Registered
I purchased a BMW S1000rr since Suzuki hasn't decided to make a Gen 3 yet. I have a awesome 2012 Busa if anyone is interested. I will always love the Busa but after having 4 of them it is time for a change. I will still visit and have really enjoyed this forum. I am on the s1000rr forum now learning about my new bike ( Dozerdriver ).
Thanks again for all the help on here, Dave.

sorry to see you leave the fold...but hell cant blame ya the bmws are awesome

Please post back as to the the major differences between your bikes.
There maybe others on the fence to change things up.

I like my Gen I well and just never thought the Gen II was worth changing to.
So like most on here I too am waiting to see what a Gen III will be like - but not holding my breathe
as it could be 1-2 years or more away. Maybe if the Gen II's stop selling Suzuki will pull the trigger and do something. ???

I talked to you about getting the Tsukigi exhaust sometime back. I think you and I are one of the few people that had it. Where did you end up finding another one. I have searched quite a bit and don't see they are available anymore except at astronomical prices. Good luck on the BMW. I honestly don't think I need any more hp. Probably got more than I need right now.

Congrats on the sK1!! I am selling my 750 so that I can pick up the 2015 RR. Took it for a demo ride through the local twisties and felt right at home. I'll never sell my Busa though:whistle:

Still running the map you sent me its on an 09 now but the same set up. Still runs great! Thanks again.

My 2013 S1k...beast.

20150330_173944_zpspyvkqb9u.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

My FAVORITE COLOR TOO :)

I talked to you about getting the Tsukigi exhaust sometime back. I think you and I are one of the few people that had it. Where did you end up finding another one. I have searched quite a bit and don't see they are available anymore except at astronomical prices. Good luck on the BMW. I honestly don't think I need any more hp. Probably got more than I need right now.

...and me! Yeah love that pipe! I got mine for $600 brand new from Greg at HPC just before he closed the doors.
CANinstall11.jpg

busa06143.jpg

Thanks for all of the informative posts over the years, dozerdriver. I'm glad we will still have the benefit of your knowledge through the search function. Enjoy the S10000 and hope to see you back when the Gen3 busa comes out with something that will top both the 14R and the H2 (BTW, the H2 is making 245 rwhp with a fabbed pipe / Akra slipon and flash).

gonna get one myself. not selling my turbo bike to do so but definitely gonna get one and do a head/cam package. mus be fun on the street and responsive. great color btw

Thanks guys... The cannon was very hard to find and was about 1,500 now. This forum has been great and the people are awesome. I am on the S1000rr forum now learning about these awesome S1k's. My name is dozerdriver on there as well. It is fun to have something different to modify and play with. I will be waiting for the Gen 3 to come out...but probably will keep this awesome Beemer.

So now that you've had your new bike for over two weeks has it been warm enough for you to ride it
to give us a first impression of the differences between it and a Busa.
Since there are usually Pros and Cons to most things I can only assume that the Busa still has some redeeming qualities, right? :laugh:

Congrats Dozer! :thumbsup:

So what do you think about it? My brother is on his second one and loves them. I'm sure you'll like it as well. I've been looking at them and the new H2 just for the heck of it. Figure we're still a few years out on Suzuki if they even stay in business as this point.

Get it on a dyno when you get a chance.. ;)

Back