Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gel inserts

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the only thing that is kept from the original seat is the pan. The foam doesn't feel like what was original. Its firmer feeling. I ordered mine with color matched Kanjis' on the front seat. Cool touch they offer.

You send in your seat to Tobin. They have you fill out a questionaire for specifics to build on. In my case they actually had to do my seat twice. Tobin (his actual name), said he had never done a seat for anyone my height. The first attempt left me sitting on the new riser rather than the pan of the seat. To rememdy that I sent it back and he angled the riser back which fit super comfy after that. Yes the rear passenger seat getting a riser is a HUGE help for the passenger. They don't slide all over, which distracts the driver as well. The only downside to Tobin is, they are swamped with work. It takes them some time to return calls. Worth the wait however.

(lambretta man @ Dec. 22 2006,03:29) Any experiences with a Corbin?
I had the Corbin on my last Busa. It is very firm, and flared wide in the rear. (Good for those with larger posteriors) It was comfortable, but I tended to slide around slightly in it and didn't plant as firmly as I do now with the Tobin. Also, the edges are very pronounced, so it's not easy or comfortable to lean off it for a good knee scraper. A great seat for sport touring, but with the emphasis on "touring". For the "sport" part, the Tobin wins hands down. (plus the Tobin seems every bit as comfortable in its own chopped way.)

Maybe I'm weird, but I commute 60 miles all year long and am quite happy with my stock seat. Almost bought a Corbin but folks here got me thinking about a Tobin - only thing keeping me away from it is kinking my aching knees anymore... Again, happy with the stock seat - even on several 400 mile/day multiple day rides this summer.

Are there any other weirdos out there?

I like the Tobins and plan to buy one soon.

I have seen the Corbin and it looks like the seat off of a John Deere tractor. poke.gif

I don't see how hanging off could even be accomplished with a Corbin.

(No offense to anyone who has one.)

I just got my new Corbin about a week ago and I love it. Yes it is firm, but it is breaking in nice and it feels very comfortable, lowered me about one inch I think, now I feel like I am sitting in the bike instead of on it. super.gif

stock here.

Corbin is for those that enjoy torture. It's like riding a 2X4 from the lumber yard.

I been using the factory brand wink.gif tounge.gif Very cheap, shipped with bike, top quality, no problems. Have made many all day rides and traveled hundreds of miles in one day, over a thousand miles my last weekend. wow.gif

Stock works for me super.gif several 600 mile rides with no probs. Tobin will be my choice if i ever do. Looks better. lurk.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back