Votes: 0 0.0%
  • South Dakota

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not making promises, but I'm going to try real hard... smile.gif I'd absolutely love meeting as many of you guys/gals as I can...

I know some of you are holding out! Better get your votes in early there won't be time for an exit poll....

You know what I don't understand... 5K members or so in theory, and we have bobo for votes, we have just about Zero West coast inputs, been a week and there are less than 100... WTF? It's free to vote right?

Sound off peeps, no post required, no babbling just vote where you would like to go...

I voted for Colorado.   Here is what I posted in an earlier thread about a possible suggistion.

Here is my official submission for ideas of next years get-together.

My first idea is Colorado.  The roads and scenery are GREAT.  Tons of different routes to ride and sights to see.  Find a hotel on the edge of Denver or maybe Colorado Springs and that way, you're only a short drive away from being in the mountains, plus you have some choices for various types of night-time activites if any members choose to go out after putting on 300 or so miles of riding earlier in the day.

I was looking at next years calendar and saw that the 4th of July is on a Monday.  This would be a good oportunity for a 3 day weekend for a lot of people.  Maybe have a Friday evening greeting party for all those that can show up at the chosen hotel the night before.  Saturday morning, have maybe a few different routes planned out so riders can choose what they want to see and where they want to go.  Maybe some good twisties in the canyons or some longer rides up through some of the higher passes.  Sunday, I'm guessing would be the biggest turnout with some guys not being able to do the whole weekend, so maybe have one big group ride that dah to some really cood destination, and then maybe a BBQ back at the hotel that evening.  Monday, again, have a few different rides for people to choose from.

I know in the past that the football stadium in Denver usually puts on a really good fireworks show that draws a good good croud.  That might be a nice way to end a 3 day weekend of riding.
[/QUOTE]

Arkansas has great roads ! I live in Missouri but travel to Ark. when I want good biking roads.. Missouri roads suck.. Potholes year round, gravel in the corners etc.etc. Colorado or Arkansas is my pick... I will go with the flow.......

kswaterbug, nice job on the Ark link!!! If you go to region- ozarks there are some killer pics of Eureka Springs.....

Someone mentioned the weather in Colorado. Having lived there myself for a number of years, here's a suggestion.

Have it in August, the afternoon thunderstorm season is over and it's not too hot there cuz you're up in the mountains.

I can show you some excellent roads there...

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>THIS POLL IS CLOSED</span>

32 IN FAVOR OF COLORADO
26 IN FAVOR OF ARKANSAS

THESE LOCATIONS WILL MOVE ON TO THE FINAL POLL AS WE NARROW IT DOWN TO ONE FINAL LOCATION!

Colorado, Garden of the Gods - Pikes Peak - the place is so beautiful, I hope its there because I am dieing to go back.

I also like Colorado nad wouldlikely go in a heartbeat but, DOnt rule out Arkansas too quickly.. Scenic hwy 7 runs n-s and is one of the most biker frienly stretches of road I have seen. Beautiful vistas,twisties ,pine forest,lakesmand some good size mountains. The Ouchita mountain range is awesome. State parks along the way are very cool. The heat issue someone raised has never been a problem for me..And it is in close proximity for the captain to possibly attend..I thought that was a primary concern for choosing location..If you have not been there,I dont think youll be dissapointed !

JUst a thought...How about Laguna Seca Moto GP races next summer? Explore Big Sur, Yosemite, and other scenic areas on the way to, and from the races?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back