• South Dakota

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be purdy sweeet to meet in CO. thumbs-up.gif

Start a group ride from the east and head west and pick up others on the way. race.gif

I'm shooting for the 2005 season...
With of course a repeat in 06! Using the same process, a Vote on where, when, etc...

2006? I could be dead in 2006 and that would slow me down some...

wink.gif

I'd also like to suggest a time -- June-July 2005, or September if you want to avoid all the youngins.

Steve

Since I have been unable to vote after viewing the statistics first, I am going to place my vote here. I would like to begin though by saying that I too am surprised in the low number of total votes relative to the number of participants on this board. Not knowing how many would actually attend is one of the reasons I voted for one location in the other poll for this first event. It makes sense for the first event to put all efforts into planning one event and apply the lessons learned to future meets.

My vote is for Eureka Springs, Arkansas because it has the best riding, vacation opportunities, and reasonably priced accommodations of any "central" location. Colorado is too far west to be considered centrally located. We are fortunate to have the example of the highly successful meet held by Sport-Tour.net this year in Eureka Springs as proof that this is a good choice.

Since I have been unable to vote after viewing the statistics first, I am going to place my vote here.  I would like to begin though by saying that I too am surprised in the low number of total votes relative to the number of participants on this board.  Not knowing how many would actually attend is one of the reasons I voted for one location in the other poll for this first event.  It makes sense for the first event to put all efforts into planning one event and apply the lessons learned to future meets.

My vote is for Eureka Springs, Arkansas because it has the best riding, vacation opportunities, and reasonably priced accommodations of any "central" location.  Colorado is too far west to be considered centrally located.  We are fortunate to have the example of the highly successful meet held by Sport-Tour.net this year in Eureka Springs as proof that this is a good choice.
Just an opinion here, but "centrally located" is only a viable concept if it's a central location convenient for the majority of members expressing an interest to go - not centrally located geographically. I think we may be getting hung up on geographic center.

In other words, if the majority expressing an interest to go are closer to the east coast, then Arkansas would probably be the most reasonable location. If the west coast, then Colorado.

Still, there's the problem of the stifling summer heat and humidity of the central states...

Steve

So are we having one location or two? I also think we should chip in by some busa parts and maybe have a raffle and the benfits of the raffle can go to caps sons busa

So are we having one location or two?  I also think we should chip in by some busa parts and maybe have a raffle and the benfits of the raffle can go to caps sons busa
If Cap is getting his son a Busa for $1700 I want to know where the dealer is - I'll buy two...

Also, as I recall he said his boy was 9; a bit young for a Busa methinks.

biggrin.gif

if youre gonna get a bike .....GET A BIKE race.gif

Since I have been unable to vote after viewing the statistics first, I am going to place my vote here.  I would like to begin though by saying that I too am surprised in the low number of total votes relative to the number of participants on this board.  Not knowing how many would actually attend is one of the reasons I voted for one location in the other poll for this first event.  It makes sense for the first event to put all efforts into planning one event and apply the lessons learned to future meets.

My vote is for Eureka Springs, Arkansas because it has the best riding, vacation opportunities, and reasonably priced accommodations of any "central" location.  Colorado is too far west to be considered centrally located.  We are fortunate to have the example of the highly successful meet held by Sport-Tour.net this year in Eureka Springs as proof that this is a good choice.
Look at a fuggin map of the US. Your saying that Arkansas is Ideal becuase it's centrally located? He HE.... OK Central to what? I freely admit that Colorado is "A Whole Nother State west" of central but it offers a hell of a lot more than Arkansas when it comes to being on bikes. Do some reading, do some research on climate, road conditions, and the Amount of twisty roads in that ideal 70-80 degree temp range.

Yeah we could all meet up in the Ozarks, I've been there, it's pretty but it's also hotter than hell in the Summer, and I think thats reason enough to NOT hold a national meet in the South Unless it was a Winter Get together in Florida. Then we could all get together and ride in a straight line and feel silly..

Get yourself to Colorado man, experiance dry cooling breezes as you whistle along, friendly drivers, cops that don't hunt Sportbikes, Almost cage free Canyons, The AMA Races at PPIR, and day long rides that actually lead to something cool. Experiance hundreds of miles of Canyons and Beautiful views. Take a chance, get out of your backyard...

IF we are talking true Geographic center, then we are in Kansas. And while there is nothing really wrong with the Heartland, there just isn't the riding to be had that there is in the Rockies. But then again there isn't riding like in the Rockies except maybe the Sierra's and Cascades.

Remember Ya'll there is a WHOLE OTHER COUNTRY out West, and it's worth the extra drive...

I have no alterior motives for pimping Colorado so hard. Yeah it's where I grew up, but come 2006 I'll most likely be living either in Atlanta, North of Seattle, or around the San Fran Area, so it's not like I am being a self serving prick. I have ridden in the south for a couple of years and I grew up riding the Rockies, and there really is NO comparison when it comes to beautiful views and quality of riding... Besides, Trail Ridge Road or Independance Pass will Take your Breath away... (literally)

I am pretty sure we are talking 2006rock.gif?? I mean there prolly won't be any way I can make a 2005 ride anywhere... I'll be in mid-move more than likely... mad.gif

How about TWO Regional Meets in 2005rock.gif East Coast/ West Coast? Sort of a preliminary round. If folks Have fun then a 2006 National Meet coinciding with the races at PPIR?

Hell now I am confused.... 2005 May not be enough time for alot of folks to plan heading 1/2 way across the country for a week...

rock.gif

I voted for North Carolina, not only because it's close to me but thinking how great it would be to meet in a city close enough to all ride the Dragon's Tail at Deals Gap. Look it up on the web. 318 turns (sharp, sharp, turns) in 11 miles through the forest. I've been once on a Harley and I'm going in a couple of weeks on my busa. Great riding.

Having been to all three of the top locations I must say they "Each" have their own good/bad points! Rev has nailed Colorado down pat, with its beautiful scenery and weather to boot. Then you have North Carolina & Deals Gap. Which is self explanatory for anyone owning a motorcyle. Last but not least, Eureka Springs, Arkansas. It has been ranked nationally as a top five motorcycle destination by several reputable organizations/clubs.... FOLKS, THIS IS A WIN/WIN SITUATION!
One last thing to consider, Most national meets change locations every year. So, if your first choice doesn't make the cut for 2005 you always have 2006 to vote it in....

Rev, my brother; I know you want this to take place in 06 and I promise it will. However, there are some of us who could make the trip in 05 and can't wait to meet other bike aficionados like ourselves. I believe we have at least ten months to get this thing planned out; So we need everyones input to pull this off. Keep those votes coming......

smile.gif Gotcha, I did think we were planning for 2006, my bad...

East Coasters can just meet along Interstate 70 or 80 depending on final destination.

Ok folks in order to start planning the event correctly I have to set a closure date for the polls at which time the information gathered will be used to compile the FINAL VOTE.
1. Only two locations will move to the final. (in the event of a tie a vote off will be performed involving the two locations that tied.
2. There will be no second chances, So Please Only Vote if you plan on attending the event...
3. Polls Close as noted below.
4. If the membership wants two seperate meets (voter approved) the top two spots will automatically be selected and a date selection process will begin.
5. If I've forgotten anything bring it up now.

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>This poll will close November 13th, 2004</span>
(at noon central time)..

Colorado!!! Hell, my Dad would be in if my hubby's not...it's where he grew up, where I was born, where my sister lives now...plus, absolutely beautiful, and half the fun of the trip would be riding with all of the other Busa guys/gals along the way...this sounds incredibly fun!

And 2006 is my trip with Harley dudes in to Mexico, or wherever their latest plans take 'em...doubt I can take two trips like that in a year...my kids may start to wonder who Mom is!

I need to save up some time off for this one... smile.gif

Michelle, glad to see your aboard for this endevour... Hope to see each and everyone of you at next years Meet-N-Greet (Where ever its held)!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back