FINAL MEET-N-GREET VOTE!

FINAL MEET-N-GREET VOTE! - ENDS NOV 27, 2004 (WHERE TO HOST)

• COLORADO

Votes: 57 100.0%
  • ARKANSAS

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ks-waterbug

Group Buy Guy
Donating Member
Registered
THIS IS IT FOLKS.... THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE! PLEASE ONLY VOTE IF YOU PLAN ON ATTENDING THE MEET-N-GREET AS SOME WILL BE DRIVING CONSIDERABLE DISTANCES TO ATTEND....

Update: See The first annual Hayabusa.org meet-n-greet! Who, When, & Where to voice your op on when to have this in 2004....
Hope to see everyone at this event! Ks...

I think it is critical to emphasize the "ONLY IF YOUR GOING TO SHOW UP" aspect. I mean, it's all fine and dandy for folks to vote for a location but if you aren't serious about attending, don't vote.

Here again is my idea.

COLORADO!!! - 4TH OF JULY WEEKEND!!!

The roads and scenery are GREAT. Tons of different routes to ride and sights to see. Find a hotel on the edge of Denver or maybe Colorado Springs and that way, you're only a short drive away from being in the mountains, plus you have some choices for various types of night-time activites if any members choose to go out after putting on 300 or so miles of riding earlier in the day.

I was looking at next years calendar and saw that the 4th of July is on a Monday. This would be a good oportunity for a 3 day weekend for a lot of people. Maybe have a Friday evening greeting party for all those that can show up at the chosen hotel the night before. Saturday morning, have maybe a few different routes planned out so riders can choose what they want to see and where they want to go. Maybe some good twisties in the canyons or some longer rides up through some of the higher passes. Sunday, I'm guessing would be the biggest turnout with some guys not being able to do the whole weekend, so maybe have one big group ride that dah to some really cood destination, and then maybe a BBQ back at the hotel that evening. Monday, again, have a few different rides for people to choose from.

Here is a website that shows where a bunch of different great roads are in Colorado. You might want to search through them to get some ideas for routes to take. http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/rides.html

I know in the past that the football stadium in Denver usually puts on a really good fireworks show that draws a good good croud. That might be a nice way to end a 3 day weekend of riding.

Please consider this idea in the list of submissions.

I will be there but Colorado is a little bit out of range for me if I bring a bike. If not I could fly in and drink I guess.

Colorado.........Looking forward to finally meeting a lot you guys. There's gotta be some awesome roads to ride in the rockies.

Lets go!

I vote for having it on Memorial day or 4th of July. Just take off friday and make it a four day wknd.

Here again is my idea.

COLORADO!!!   -   4TH OF JULY WEEKEND!!!

The roads and scenery are GREAT.  Tons of different routes to ride and sights to see.  Find a hotel on the edge of Denver or maybe Colorado Springs and that way, you're only a short drive away from being in the mountains, plus you have some choices for various types of night-time activites if any members choose to go out after putting on 300 or so miles of riding earlier in the day.

I was looking at next years calendar and saw that the 4th of July is on a Monday.  This would be a good oportunity for a 3 day weekend for a lot of people.  Maybe have a Friday evening greeting party for all those that can show up at the chosen hotel the night before.  Saturday morning, have maybe a few different routes planned out so riders can choose what they want to see and where they want to go.  Maybe some good twisties in the canyons or some longer rides up through some of the higher passes.  Sunday, I'm guessing would be the biggest turnout with some guys not being able to do the whole weekend, so maybe have one big group ride that dah to some really cood destination, and then maybe a BBQ back at the hotel that evening.  Monday, again, have a few different rides for people to choose from.

Here is a website that shows where a bunch of different great roads are in Colorado.  You might want to search through them to get some ideas for routes to take.  http://www.cosportbikeclub.org/local/rides.html

I know in the past that the football stadium in Denver usually puts on a really good fireworks show that draws a good good croud.  That might be a nice way to end a 3 day weekend of riding.

Please consider this idea in the list of submissions.
justin 726 plans sound great to me

Don't do the 4th of July. Its only one week from Laguna Seca and most people can't take a second week in a row off as easy as others.

Like I said in the first poll....I'm rolling no matter when or where it is..... I've already started saving money for it, but I would hope Memorial Day or the 4th....

C'mon Kev, you can do it brutha. If my old rust bucket butt can do it , so can you.

So Far....Twenty-six members plan on attending this event! Keep those numbers rolling.

Might want to be carefull of scheduling a run in Colorado on Memorial Day. I am only at 5000 foot elevation and it has been known to snow that weekend. I wouldn't want to be caught in the real mountains during a spring snowstorm on the busa!! Just my $.02. cool.gif

Might want to be carefull of scheduling a run in Colorado on Memorial Day. I am only at 5000 foot elevation and it has been known to snow that weekend. I wouldn't want to be caught in the real mountains during a spring snowstorm on the busa!! Just my $.02.  cool.gif
That is just what I was thinking. I know this previous July when I was in Colorado, there was still snow melting up in the higher elevations. Even in July if you go up high enough it still gets a little chilly. You probably won't get snowed on, but it could be a steamy 95 in Denver, and above the tree-line you would need a jacket to walk around in. I can't imagine what it would be like a couple months sooner.

Might want to be carefull of scheduling a run in Colorado on Memorial Day. I am only at 5000 foot elevation and it has been known to snow that weekend. I wouldn't want to be caught in the real mountains during a spring snowstorm on the busa!! Just my $.02.  
[/QUOTE]

mad.gif

Bigger Danno had mentioned that Aug would be a good time of the year for Denver, if there is a no go for the 4th of July.

Someone mentioned the weather in Colorado. Having lived there myself for a number of years, here's a suggestion.

Have it in August, the afternoon thunderstorm season is over and it's not too hot there cuz you're up in the mountains.

I can show you some excellent roads there... [/QUOTE]

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1100557712 -->

Don't do the 4th of July.  Its only one week from Laguna Seca and most people can't take a second week in a row off as easy as others.
Take a closer look Chuck.

I have mixed feelings about the 4th weekend. I am thinking that I could leave Thursday night....arriving Friday. After the weekend meet, I could head directly for Cali and Moto GP. With the holiday in there, that would translate into only 6 week days out of work.....not too bad.

But without knowing the date and location for sure, I can only respond knowing that I would love to be there.

G

I'll be there either way so long as the Air Force doesn't make other plans for me between now and then. But, I would prefer Arkansas, just because it's a little closer. Is the Captain going to make it if we do Colorado?? I hope so. I'm looking forward to meeting up with all of you guys and rolling 20-30 busas deep through the mountains of (Colorado/Arkansas).:D

Initially, having Arkansas and North Carolina both in the running caused a split vote. I am now calling out to those North Carolina and other voters from before to now vote for Arkansas. Let's meet in Eureka Springs in September! I will come see you guys and gals at Deals Gap in the spring and then everyone can meet in Northwest Arkansas in the fall. Please place your vote for Arkansas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back