Votes: 0 0.0%
  • gel inserts

• other

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chose Tobin based on looks, Haven't had the pleasure of siitng my a$$ on any of the others.

I have Tobin on my Busa. Corbin on my Magna. Tobin is custom fit to you. Corbin is not. Both are an improvement but I would say that Tobin is the better way to go. For me at 6'6" I needed as much down and away from the tank as I could get. Noone else offered as much of that as the Tobin. They fit it to your size, not the other way around.

Right now I have a susuki gel seat. I have tried corbin in the past and wasn't that crazy about it... I like the gel pretty well, but I would like to try a tobin.

have not used eaither. the tobin for looks and other peoples coments about them.
hopefuly darth frosty gets his before me so i can test his wow.gif
i have seen the corbin and the gel for sale, i have only seen 1 tobin for sale. lurk.gif

It really depends on which bike you've got. Tobin for my Busa is GREAT, but I've had Corbins for other ST bikes that were just wonderful to ride. But on my TLR and Busa, Corbins are just not comfortable for me. So in the end, it's the Bike and YOUR Butt Fit laugh.gif

I have the Gel seat and i love the comfort, but I wish that it had that pad on the back end of it like the Tobin does. Right now I slide back when I get on the gas.

(lambretta man @ Dec. 22 2006,10:09) Where do you all get the Tobin custom fitted if you don't live in PA?
When you send in your seats they ask you your height and inseam. That's the custom part.

I have a Tobin and love it. Also, my girl said the rear Tobin makes her feel much more secure on the bike with that little pad that keeps her butt from sliding back.

I see the price is pretty low comparatively. $125 for a front seat? But I guess you send in your stock seat for a rebuild??

This, in my opinion, is the same as 'which exhaust sounds the best?".... it all boils down to a matter of personal preference~ Some peeps have more meat on their arse and some have skinny little arses, and then there are those that really have no arse at all~ That being the case... each make and model of seat will fit the comfort level of each person differantly~ The less meat on your arse... the harder the seat may feel~ I'm just sayin'....
I have sat on, not rode on, a Tobin and found it to be not so comfortable for me~ On the other hand... I can see where it would be a great seat for the drag racers~ I've also had the pleasure of sitting on a Corbin... think it was Raider's... and also thought it to be pretty stiff~ I had bought the Suzuki Gel and had mixed feelings~ I really like the look of it (blk/slvr) on my bike, but also found it to be too stiff for me.. and I've got a big, round, meaty arse! I also noticed it soaked up the heat from the hot Florida sun and would burn my arse cheeks for a couple few miles before I could sit on it without switching from one cheek to the other~ Soooo, I actually prefer the stock seat~ I just peeled the skin of my Gel (found a very thin layer of gel padding under there) and put that skin on my stock seat~ I find it to be the most comfortable... for me... and still have the nice look of the blk/slvr gel seat~  cool.gif

(lambretta man @ Dec. 22 2006,10:16) I see the price is pretty low comparatively. $125 for a front seat? But I guess you send in your stock seat for a rebuild??
Yeah, the $125 is if you send in your seat as core. I think the padding is the same, just cut down. The leather (or vinyl or whatever it is they cover the seat with) seems softer than stock as well.

I got mine mainly for drag racing - it drops your center of gravity an inch or two. The only downside I've seen is that it also moves your seat down towards your pegs the same amount - making me bend my legs more than with the stock seat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back