Credit Card Debt?

Credit Card Debt? - How much, and what % of annual income?

• $0.00 $10,000

Votes: 223 100.0%
  • $10,000-$20,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $20,000-$30,000

• $30,000-$40,000

• $40,000-$50,000

• $50,000-$60,000

• $60,000-$70,000

• $70,000-$80,000

• $80,000-$90,000over $90,000

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Relsek

Registered
I know that credit card debt is a big burden for a lot of folks. I am just interested in seeing where some people stand.

Sorry, I hit the enter button too quick and messed up the choices. I was trying to put a $0.00 choice too.

You don't have to give your name or anything, just click the poll.

<!--EDIT|Kevin Kesler
Reason for Edit: None given...|1134787192 -->

My only credit card debt is at 0% intrest until next Aug, before then (if I don't have it paid off) I'll transfer it to another 0% card (I get like 2 a week).

6 responses so far, all in the 0 to 10 catagory. That's a good sign. Maybe the high debtors don't ride busas.

I think your debt loads are a bit too high..

maybe do it at about $3,000 increments up till about 20k, and then do it by tens or something.

anybody with over 50k in CC debt is either chittin diamonds, or buried in debt.

i'm at about $400 on the lowes card.. and thats all I got.

Had about 40K or so in CCdebt until spring and we paid off everything. Felt like we were reborn. Burn your cards folks or learn some self control, you get under the cards and it effects every aspect of your life...

I only put what i can pay off that month on the plastic. got in trouble with cards once, it'll neer happen again!

Had about 40K or so in CCdebt until spring and we paid off everything.  Felt like we were reborn.  Burn your cards folks or learn some self control, you get under the cards and it effects every aspect of your life...
no S#$t brother I am working on doing the same thing you are and can't wait until it happens.

I can't imagine what life would be like if we didn't have any CCdebt right now. I can handle a house or a car loan but the CC has got to go. Cut them all up a few months back and trying to get all of the accounts w/o balances closed right now then start working alot of OT hoepfully get most paid off by the end of 06. Don't believe in bankruptcy so have to do it the right way and pay it off myself. nobody to blame but me for this situation.

enough ranting now later.

Had about 40K or so in CCdebt until spring and we paid off everything. Felt like we were reborn. Burn your cards folks or learn some self control, you get under the cards and it effects every aspect of your life...
no S#$t brother I am working on doing the same thing you are and can't wait until it happens.

I can't imagine what life would be like if we didn't have any CCdebt right now. I can handle a house or a car loan but the CC has got to go. Cut them all up a few months back and trying to get all of the accounts w/o balances closed right now then start working alot of OT hoepfully get most paid off by the end of 06. Don't believe in bankruptcy so have to do it the right way and pay it off myself. nobody to blame but me for this situation.

I'm feeling ya Bro. It's a Mother Fugger having that sitting on your shoulders. Now, when I get a paycheck or a dividend it's mine to just abuse as I see fit, I dont have to sweat making a minimum payment cause everything is paid off.

It is trully worth it man, it's really relaxing.

Pay everything off, Burn your cards and close your accounts. Then get an American Express Card Only. You have to pay it off every month so it gets you in the habit. They are also a top notch company to deal with, and as it's a Charge card, NOT a Credit card it's looked at differently than a standard revolving credit account. thumbs-up.gif

Stick too it Bro. We have all been raised to think that buryinig ourselves in debt is normal or OK and it's just not the case, takes awhile to learn new habbits, sure took me awhile anyway.

Credit Cards do suck.
I only use them to buy tires and stuff off the internet.
And when the bill comes in, it goes right back out paid in full each month.
I like to send a few extra dollars too, so when I don't use it the next month, they have to send me a check back to bring the balance back to zero.

Had about 40K or so in CCdebt until spring and we paid off everything.  Felt like we were reborn.  Burn your cards folks or learn some self control, you get under the cards and it effects every aspect of your life...

Even if you did believe in Bankruptcy, the laws have changed. Its no longer a clean swipe, you now will still owe debits even if you file for bankruptcy.

Maybe one of your categories should be $0-$2000 then $2000-$10,000....9 or 10 grand in credit card debt can turn into a real night mare for some people..

I am in the 0 category..

I agree with Rev on all but one part;

Burn your cards and close your accounts[/QUOTE]

Pay them off...definitely. Burn your cards....sure, if you don't have the discipline to NOT use them.
But I would NOT reccomend closing your accounts, for one reason; It will lower your credit score. When you close an account, it lessens your available credit, hence lowering your fica score. Leave 'em open.....just forget you have the card.

0... cut, burned, and buried the ashes! Will never have another credit card again~ It's just way too easy in this day and age to click on that damn  'send it to my front door now' link~ I filed bancruptsy on my credit cards about three years ago~ After raking up 28k in debt~ Sure, I was making the payments on time.. it was the jonesing for gas money in between paydays that was killing me! blush.gif Nope.. never again..

<!--EDIT|GJoker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1135201675 -->

Got into debt early on (first card), learned the lesson, dug myself out.

Drank like a rock star the day that monster was off my back smile.gif

Use Amex for virtually everything, + pay it off every month...

0 here.. just refi'd the house and payed everything off. Talk about a monster load off your back biggrin.gif the mortgage when up 650 bucks but I paid off everything. Kept one CC with my bank opened but shredded the card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back