Sad Day At My House

Mr Brown

Registered
Today my beloved friend, devoted protector, and inspiration for my screen name passed away. Every day for 9 years he was at the door when I got there. He jumped around when I was happy and licked my tears away when I cried. He helped me through the darkest times in my life, shared my joy when I brought my son home for the first time. Even when I had nothing, I still had him.
Mr Brown started having seizures on sunday, apparently a problem in his prostate was releasing blood clots, causing damage to his nervous system. After taking him to the vet and getting xrays and meds both for pain and what we thought was an infection, yesterday his condition deteriorated. This morning he could not walk at all, and was having almost constant seizures. This afternoon seeing no hope for recovery, I made the hardest decision of my life. Not being able to see my best friend in pain, I asked the vet to come put him down. I'm fortunate that I was able to spend his last hours with him, he went to sleep right here at our home for the last 4 years.
Loyal, protective and courageous. He will be missed more than I can express.
See you at the Rainbow Bridge buddy.

old computer 464.jpg

Sorry to hear of your loss...pets are part of our lives and it is like losing a family member :(

So sorry... As Rich said, it is like loosing a family member.. Condolences..

sorry for your loss, it's a hard decision to make, but you made the right one. we went through a similar thing a year 1/2 ago with our german sheppard. he was a good looking pet, sure you have some great memories

I'm so sorry Mr. Brown :( I still miss my Danes...I have photos of 'em all over my house and just wish I could have kept those two dogs forever

:down:

Peace be with you Mr. Brown! I've got an 8 year old four legged female Dogger (as opposed to daughter). She's been with me since she was three weeks old. I had to bottle feed her upon her coming home. I can relate to the bond you and your buddy have had and wish you the best in dealing with the loss. Thanks for sharing him with us!

I have a 13 year old terrier mix. I will be beside myself when he goes. Fortunately he still thinks he's a puppy and runs around like a baby!

:( My sincerest condolences. :(

Fare thee well, Mr. Brown and make haste to the Rainbow Bridge and make the most of your time there until the day that the two Mr. Brown's travel together once more.

The best to you both.

It seems a lot of us have been through this...it really is very hard. You were a great friend to him too...keep the good memories and savor them.

very sorry for your loss, pets are part of family and you get attached to them.
you did the right thing to put him to sleep so he won't have anymore pain and i know it has been hard for you to do.
hang in there and time will heal the pain of loss!

Last edited:
Back