Special day

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Everyone,
Today is a special day for me and my family.  Today is Christopher's 6th Birthday!  I know that doesn't seem like too big a deal, but for those who saw him at the Bash and my not have known, Christopher was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes at 15 mos, when he slipped into Diabetic KetoAcidosis (DKA) and a Coma.  The day of his diagnosis, I thought he would not come home from the hospital with us; I feel truely blessed to have him with us and especially on each of his birthdays.. I missed his 1st BDay while deployed for OIF in 2003, when he first started presenting what we would learn were the initial signs of his disease.

He is an amazing child, he programs most of his own insulin with his pump... some of the Bash attendees may have seen us testing his finger (blood sugar) or using his pump....  He is a beatiful boy and if you didn't know he was diabetic, you wouldn't be able to tell the way he runs around full of energy and life.  He has been the source of both my greatest pain and greatest joy; some people have heroes - well, I do too; his name is Christopher.

Happy Birthday Christopher!

Christopher__Large_.JPG

Happy Birthday young man. Many more to come. Remember Christopher, today is your day.

Happy birthday Christopher!  It's my son's 5th birthday today.  His name is Ewan.  I'm glad you are doing great.  Have a really great day!

Happy Birthday Christopher! My Ana says your picture is cute. She just turned 5! She says happy birthday too!
cool.gif

Thank you all for posting; I am reading our replies with Christopher right now!

Dang it! I was going to remember this (he told me at the Bash).

Happy Birthday, Christopher. It was great meeting you and I hope to see you at future get togethers.

Happy b-day big man. Hope to see you around the board for many more. Now go give your dad hell and enjoy your day!!!

Josh

Back