2005 Walk for Diabetes

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Brothers and Sisters,
I am conflicted about posting this, particularly now when it seems like everyone has thier hands out.  I guess the good part is, if you aren't interested, then you can always go back to reading the smack shack....

The walk for diabetes is near and dear to our hearts (my oldest son, Christopher, was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes in Sept of '03 - he was 15 months old.  He is now three+ and recieves eight to ten insulin injections a day from my wife and I).  We were not able to be a part of it last year since my youngest son, Declin James (D.J. or Deej) was born the day the walk was scheduled.  Guess we had a good excuse:)  We really wanted to take part this year, so the whole clan is walking (even the dog if Diogi is allowed).  We feel uncomfortable asking for the donations, but it is unfortunately the part of fundraising that actually raises funds.  We just want to help a little since these folks help us all the time.  I am including some ADA info below.

Thank you so much!!!  Semper Fidelis,
Shawn, Geo, Christopher and Declin James

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends and Family,

We recently accepted the challenge of walking in the American Diabetes Association's America's Walk for Diabetes fund-raising event. We are taking part in this event because we believe in and support the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

You, too, can help by supporting our fund-raising efforts with a generous contribution. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference to more than 18 million Americans who are affected by diabetes and another 40 million who are at risk for developing diabetes. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to us at the address listed below.

More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs, and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's Web site, www.diabetes.org. To find out more information on our America's Walk for Diabetes, please visit walk.diabetes.org.

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on our progress.

Sincerely,

Shawn and Geo Hughes

To donate online, click here

To send a donation:

Make all checks payable to:American Diabetes Association
Mail to: Shawn Hughes or Geo Hughes
4769 Ribault Lane
Milton, FL, 32570-1723

Thank you.

Visit America's Walk for Diabetes website

Sorry guys, trying to keep it up for a little while....

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1127958188 -->

Okay, this is really my last shot at this......:)

Guys,
You are awesome....means a lot! I'll post pics of my lil' guy, and he is a lot better off than most! Thanks!

My wife and I just updated the webpage for this, and I want to thank all who have donated. As I said in the opener, I know that everyone has thier hand out these days and each and every cause has merit. Any help is welcomed and appreciated, and thoughts and prayers for a cure are equally so!

Thanks,
Shawn

Just wanted to post an update for anyone interested. Geo (my wife) and I have hit $996.00 in donations for the Walk for Diabetes. We are almost halfway there (our goal is $2005.00)! So for those of you who have helped out - Thanks!!!!

brother has had since little kid he is 40 now and having problems with his vision.God bless your child im writing down addy on a envalope now.

and thank you for doing what your doing

<!--EDIT|ROACH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129470546 -->

brother has had since little kid he is 40 now and having problems with his vision.God bless your child im writing down addy on a envalope now.

Thank you! I hope all is well for your Brother! It takes a strong person and strong support for a person to live with any disability!

Semper Fidelis!

Recieved two more donations from board members in the last couple of days....it is really awesome that we are able to help, and that some of you have been willing to support us - THANK YOU to the .ORG!

As an update, our son, Christopher is going to be in a local commercial to kick off the walk event, so (for those who might be interested) I'll try and record it, then post it up.
Thanks again for your support....

Recieved another donation from a boardmember. That takes our team to $1,015.00! Thank you for the help, and if your interested, it's not too late to donate.

Back