2006 diabetes walk

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
Brothers and Sisters,
I know that we have been asked to give a lot this year, and in a way I wasn't sure how to post this, since this is the time of year when everyone puts thier hands out and so many of you have given so much recently.  I guess the good part is, if you aren't interested, then you can always go back to looking for Yamahor's 2-up pics....

This year's walk will be on Nov 4th.  The walk for diabetes is near and dear to our hearts (my oldest son, Christopher, was diagnosed with Type I Diabetes in Sept of '03 - he was 15 months old.  He is now four + and on an insulin pump, which replaced the 8 -10 injections he would get each day from my wife and I).  We were not able to be a part of it in 2004, since my youngest son, Declin James (D.J. or Deej) was born the day the walk was scheduled.  Guess we had a good excuse:)  We did participate last year and raised $1500 for our team ($150 was from the .org!  Thanks!) Learning from a few mistakes last year, this year we have decided to form our own team and Christopher is our Captain (his picture is at the bottom of this post).  

We feel uncomfortable asking for the donations, but it is unfortunately the part of fundraising that actually raises funds.  We just want to help a little since these folks help us all the time.  I am including some ADA info below.

Thank you so much!!!  Semper Fidelis,
Shawn, Geo, Christopher and Declin James

----------------------------------------------------------

Dear Friends and Family,

We recently accepted the challenge of walking in the American Diabetes Association's America's Walk for Diabetes fund-raising event. We are taking part in this event because we believe in and support the Association's mission: to prevent and cure diabetes and to improve the lives of all people affected by diabetes.

You, too, can help by supporting our fund-raising efforts with a generous contribution. Your tax-deductible gift will make a difference to more than 18 million Americans who are affected by diabetes and another 40 million who are at risk for developing diabetes. It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply clicking the link at the bottom of this message. If you would prefer, you can also send your tax-deductible contribution to us at the address listed below.

More information on the American Diabetes Association, its programs, and diabetes in general can be found at the Association's Web site, www.diabetes.org. To find out more information on our America's Walk for Diabetes, please visit walk.diabetes.org.

Whatever you can give will help! I greatly appreciate your support and will keep you posted on our progress.

Sincerely,

Shawn and Geo Hughes

To support us online, click here
Shawn's walk page

To send a donation:

Make all checks payable to:American Diabetes Association
Mail to: Shawn Hughes or Geo Hughes
4769 Ribault Lane
Milton, FL, 32570-1723

Thank you.

If you would like to track the progress of our team - "Team Lightning"
Then click here:
Team Lightning

<!--EDIT|MC MUSTANG
Reason for Edit: None given...|1155997632 -->

christopher.jpg

MC,

Ok, should I follow the links to sponsor on the website you supplied a link to, or should I just send paypal to you. I will ask a few family members today if they care to donate as well, so I hope to be able to do something on this project this evening.

How is your boy doing now with the pump. How are the blood sugars doing?
The pump is working very well for him - he is currently the youngest person in the region wearing one.

Because he is so young, his targets aer higher... Even witht he pump he hits 250 - 300 sometimes while waiting for the insulin to take effect. His target is 150. As he gets older, his target will move down to normal...

MC,

Ok, should I follow the links to sponsor on the website you supplied a link to, or should I just send paypal to you. I will ask a few family members today if they care to donate as well, so I hope to be able to do something on this project this evening.
Valium -
If you follow the link and donate that way, you will recieve a reciept for taxes - if you send me a paypal - I will make the donation for you - and will have to write you a reciept and mail it to you...
I am fine with either. Thank you for your help and interest!

Guys,
Just an update - the Diabetes walk is tomorrow. Our team has raised $2001 to help in the search for a cure, including a few dollars from some of you good folks...
Here is a link to my page if you would like to check out our progress, see your name as a contributor or throw in a last minute dollar!

2006 Walk for Diabetes

Back