Just when I thought it couldn't get worse...my dog died.

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
Got a call from the ex last wednesday at 4 am. Get over here right now she says. I was there in like 5 minutes. The last of my 4 dogs(over a 17 year period) was lying on the bathroom floor. He was breathing heavy,couldn't stand up and had urinated all over himself. So I just about break my back picking him up,(he weighed 120 pounds) I get him in the car and drive him to a 24 hour animal hospital.The vet does a bunch of tests,xrays,ultra-sounds and blood work. A few hours later she informs us he has an inoperable tumor in his heart. She advises he could last maybe another week. But what kind of week would it be I ask. She says not too pleasant. No shi7 I said. Thats when I made the decision to let him die in peace not in pain. I sighed the papers to have him put down. We said our goodbyes and held him while the vet did the injections. Broke my freakin heart.

ATLAS was one heck of an awesome dog.

Rest in peace boy.

Rubb.

Sorry to hear that Rubb We lost our Huskie and our Saint over the last year. They were both very old. We had them for 13 years which is incredible for the Saint Bernard. Big empty hole in our household without the puppies. Time makes it better.

Yeah I miss my dogs more than I miss any exes. Sorry to hear of the loss of your friend. After my last on went, I said enough. Put 4 down in my life. That's enough.

Sorry 2 hear that Rubb..... no words on a computer screen will make this better. All I can say is a lot of has been where your @ right now and it flat out Sucks!! :banghead:

That just plain sucks. We put down our "kid" 3 years ago after 17-1/2" years of having our buddy around. Might have been the toughest thing I had to do. Our new boy is a great dane/black lab mix that is not quite the same but a good companion none the less. They say all dogs go to heaven so you'll get to see them again.

They become part of the family rather quickly...a special personality...remember the good times you guys had.

Thanks for all the kind words my brothers. Doesn't make it any easier that this is Thanksgiving weekend in Canada and I am alone again on another freakin holiday.

:heart-break: Take care folks and enjoy your Columbus Day weekend or whatever holiday you are celebrating.

Rubb.

super bummer bro, you did right tho...

it doesnt seem right that they are here for such a short time...

Sorry to hear, me bruvvah. I remember Atlas when he was a young pup...you were takin him around the forest/castle trails. I think I remember him givin ol Rippah (?) a bit of a torture test.

Turns out Atlas was a very appropriate name...he was a big ol boy.

Sorry for your loss, brother. You gave him a good life...he was well loved and cared for. :thumbsup:

RIP Atlas. :(

terrible man. sorry to hear that. my 4 year old pit, Dot, had a tumor in her neck and we had to do the same thing. sucks when we lose our friends.

Condolences. :(

Here's a little concept that I try to focus on when they pass. Be well and hats of to you for sharing your life with them in spite of the pain that comes as part of the package. You and them are better for having known each other. :)

All the best! :beerchug:

The Rainbow Bridge Story

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal who has been especially close to someone dies, that pet goes to the Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

Animals who were ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them from days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one thing: they miss someone very special to them; the person they left behind.

All of the animals run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; his eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. Happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together…

So sorry to hear, but you did the right thing. I hate to see any animal suffer.

We've all been there, not a good place,,I have one now that won't be much longer for this earth,, heartfelt sympathy to you,,but you gave him the better life while he was alive,,

Sorry for your loss, losing our 4 legged family members is always hard no matter how long you have had them, RIP Atlas.
Happy Thanksgiving, get out and put some kilometers on the Busa today and think of the good times you shared with your pup through the years.

Back