Stupid Dog

Pardini

Donating Member
Registered
Why would a four pound poodle take on a forty pound raccoon?

Last night my wife and son got home from his karate class. She tells him to let the dogs out, she's unloading the trunk. Dog takes off and tangles with a raccoon. Raccoon of course chews up the dog and then takes off when my wife runs over there.

The vet calls the CDC who recommends putting the dog down since the raccoon is gone and there is no record that the dog is current on rabies. No way she's going to do that. Dog can't walk and is infected where she was bitten. The incubation period is 6 months so it's wait and see. She's nursing three pups. I wonder if she is rabid, if the pups can contract it.

I call the dogs Snicker Doodles two stupid poodles. :laugh: It's justified. Stupid dog two hundred fifty bucks and still may have rabies.

Sorry to hear about your dog. Can only hope for the best.

I have two brittany's that thought it was a good idea to harass a skunk in my back yard, get sprayed, then run back in my house.:whistle:

Last edited:
The little dogs dont know they are little. When I am out walking my two great danes we are habitually "attacked" by Chihauhaus and Dachsunds. I hope the little gal survives.

Sorry to hear. Hope the animals are isolated. Just wouldn't want you guys getting all those stomach shots. :whistle:

Why would a four pound poodle take on a forty pound raccoon?

Last night my wife and son got home from his karate class. She tells him to let the dogs out, she's unloading the trunk. Dog takes off and tangles with a raccoon. Raccoon of course chews up the dog and then takes off when my wife runs over there.

The vet calls the CDC who recommends putting the dog down since the raccoon is gone and there is no record that the dog is current on rabies. No way she's going to do that. Dog can't walk and is infected where she was bitten. The incubation period is 6 months so it's wait and see. She's nursing three pups. I wonder if she is rabid, if the pups can contract it.

I call the dogs Snicker Doodles two stupid poodles. :laugh: It's justified. Stupid dog two hundred fifty bucks and still may have rabies.

Nurse the pups yourself???

Who told you rabbies had a 6 month incubation period?

Same folks that say a poodle is the smatest of all the breeds :rofl:

Sorry about your dog man. I had a poodle who got himself tangled up with a coon and didn't fare so well some years back. Little Bastids aren't afraid of anything!

im sorry to hear that..hope the dog fares well...i am not a poodle fan (ex raised toy poodles she killed many just when they get underfoot and you not looking)

Back