"S" Removal from tank

jerry chabino

Registered
Hi Guys,

I have successfully removed all the decals from my 07 Busa except for the "S" on the tank. I scared shi*tless of taking it off and hosing up the paint. Any thoughts ?
I did keep the "Hayabusa " on the lower fender though.

Jerry

Once it's removed , YOU can no longer wear your SUPERMAN outfit  
super.gif

i've heard that monofilament line works well. i don't particulary
care for the "S" on my 06 either. let us know how it turns out.

Set the bike out and the sun and let it warm up good ,or use a hair dryer and warm the S, grab an edge of the S and slowly pull off , there may be some adhesive left on the tank ,just spray a little WD-40 and wipe with a clean mirco fiber towel , then wax . no paint should come off .
Take a look

How much of a PITA is taking the Hayabusa emblems off... I really want them gone, but am chicken **** about ruining the front fairings... I have a hair drier that I used on all the other stickers and some spray on goo gone that worked like a charm and some WD-40 as a backup.

(qwknuf6 @ Aug. 23 2007,19:53) Set the bike out and the sun and let it warm up good ,or use a hair dryer and warm the S, grab an edge of the S and slowly pull off , there may be some adhesive left on the tank ,just spray a little WD-40 and wipe with a clean mirco fiber towel , then wax . no paint should come off .
Take a look
Sounds good or use hair dryer, and I would suggest fish line or floss, which ever is available.
wink.gif

(Enginerd @ Aug. 23 2007,17:34) How much of a PITA is taking the Hayabusa emblems off... I really want them gone, but am chicken **** about ruining the front fairings...  I have a hair drier that I used on all the other stickers and some spray on goo gone that worked like a charm and some WD-40 as a backup.
Shouldn't be a problem, hell on the first Busas they fell off......
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

(jerry chabino @ Aug. 23 2007,17:07) Thanks Guys.

QWK,
ABSOLUTELY tough looking. Where did U get the colored
Japanese Busa symbols or did U paint them ?

Jerry
That is the stock Kanji. It does that when the sun hits it.

Guys,

NO MORE S's !!!!! I used a blow dryer, got them good and hot and they peeled right off along with the glue ! No fuss no muss. Thanks again for all your help. WHAT A GREAT GROUP OF PEOPLE YOU ARE !!!

Jerry
beerchug.gif

The best thing for the glue is 3M adhesive remover.  My friend (who owns a body and paint shop) turned me on to it about 8 years ago.  It works wonders on tar, adhesives and removes built up wax almost every time in a single swipe.  

The best part is that it does not hurt the paint.

You can get it at O'Reilly's or autozone.  Kind of pricy but was developed by 3M to use on paint.

3M rocks
bowdown.gif

Back