Oil Filter removal from Brock's Header/Alien Head-video and pics

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Per request of a couple people here is how I get my oil filter out thru my Brock's Alien Head header WITHOUT removing the oil filter line .

First you need to remove right side (brake side) fairing. This has already been shown in other videos I have posted here https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-...-hayabusa-fairing-tutorial-videos-w-pics.html so I wont bore you.
After you take fairing, inner fairing panel and 'chin skirt' off then do this.

Remove this oil cooler mount bolt...
OILFILTERCHANGE001.jpg

Then remove this oil cooler mount bolt...
OILFILTERCHANGE002.jpg

Then take this one out as well...
OILFILTERCHANGE004.jpg

Filter goes out this way....
OILFILTERCHANGE013.jpg

View from other side...
OILFILTERCHANGE012.jpg

As your pushing/pulling oil cooler forward push oil filter down and out...
OILFILTERCHANGE014.jpg

Video showing process as well...

Your welcome Hemi..:)

Last edited:
thanks blanca, you're the man!! All that just for me lol. Looks like it's still a pretty tight fit getting it out, think i was just afraid of damaging something trying to force it out. Might go out and change my oil again to see if i can get it out like that:rofl:

guess i was pretty close to getting mine out. Did exactly like u, un-bolted cooler exactly the same and everything, just got nervous pushing/pulling on the cooler too much and decided to take the line off anyways

I was going to do a tutorial also but i wouldn't have had the patience. It was a ***** doing it the first time but "patience" is the key LOL

If I remember correct the factory header had enough space to where you do not need to remove bolts or move cooler . Filter comes out easy , I think ?

I think it applies to Yoshi too, when I did my 2nd oil change it was with teh Yoshi header and it was a PITA to get out. Seems that I had to do similar to get it out. Guess there's no choice with aftermarket headers?

If I remember correct the factory header had enough space to where you do not need to remove bolts or move cooler . Filter comes out easy , I think ?

I am not sure about OEM, but on my M4 header, there is plenty of room to get the filter out without removing anything, other than the plastics. Also, if you will put a little aluminum foil over your header, you will catch all the spilt oil and not have to clean your header. :beerchug:

i just undo the AH can from the one bolt hanger is all and it gives just enough slack in the exhaust system to slide the oil filter out between the header and oil cooler line, no messing with the radiator bolts. different strokes for different folks i guess :beerchug:

i just undo the AH can from the one bolt hanger is all and it gives just enough slack in the exhaust system to slide the oil filter out between the header and oil cooler line, no messing with the radiator bolts. different strokes for different folks i guess :beerchug:

By doing this aren't you wiggling header as well as header gaskets ? This may create a leak later not wanted ? Maybe ?

I suppose that is possible, it just barely moves at all, i mean, literally a hair and my filter slides out. I can't honestly say one way or the other because I have an exhaust leak which started after the AH install but prior to first oil change (bad installation, gaskets didn't make it a second round maybe?) Anyway, I bought a new set of gaskets which should be going on in the next couple days. After that it would prob be a good idea to follow suit with how you change the filter, your right, it could move them some

With my Brock's Dual Ct system I have just enough room to remove the filter via the right side without removing the oil line or loosening the cooler. It's a bit tight, but it does slide in/out with out any contact, and I have used both the Suzuki and K&N filters.

Back