Rip Fallen Rider Tn

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
While not a Busa rider (he was a Kawi man), Mike Chestnut had it bad for motorcycles, especially fast ones, and was regular staple on the Nashville Sportbike Scene. Unfortunately, he lost his life last Monday May 2, 2016 doing what he like to do the most, riding.

Mike had made a name for himself (and a business) fixing old Kawasaki 750 Turbos. He also was well know internationally as a maker/repairer of high-quality pinball machines. What I liked about him was that I never saw anything on his face but a smile or a laugh - not a frown, anger, none of it.

He was pretty damn fast, too. He had a ZX10R (worked) that was freakin quick on the track. Mike had an accident 10 years ago that cost him his leg, but did that stop him from riding? No...he wore a prosthetic, velcroed it to a plate on the footpeg, and had a push-button shifter.

Apparently, he managed to get his hands on a Kawasaki H2 from someone who bought one and scared them. After he worked on it, it was putting out 260HP at the wheel. He crashed on a large straightaway on a 2 lane highway that he rode a lot. Apparently, some turkey buzzards were feeding on a dead deer just off the side of the road, and took off upon his approach; he hit one of them square on...lost control...ran off road and hit an embankment, which launched him 270 feet OVER some power lines. A nurse that lived across the street saw it and provided immediate assistance and she held his hand. He passed either with her or in the ambulance. Speed was estimated in triple digits.

His friends and family, including a couple of .org members attended his funeral yesterday. He had no wife or children. His parents were completely distraught (as they feared someday it may cost him).

He was a nice guy. It was great to see so many past and present Nashville riders who knew him show up.

What a Sad and tragic story Keith, He left doing what he loved, but that doesn't help the lives he touched that are left behind. Prayers for the family and close friends.
Is there GoFund page for his Family?

What a Sad and tragic story Keith, He left doing what he loved, but that doesn't help the lives he touched that are left behind. Prayers for the family and close friends.
Is there GoFund page for his Family?

No. Like I said, he had no family. He is survived by his parents and his brother, and he had assets to pay for his funeral. Thank you for asking.

Just heartbreaking to read Keith. Thank you for sharing a bit about him with us. R.I.P. Mike

Unfortunately we do not know when our last ride would be, but may the peace of God that surpasses all understanding rest upon the love ones whom he left behind.

While not a Busa rider (he was a Kawi man), Mike Chestnut had it bad for motorcycles, especially fast ones, and was regular staple on the Nashville Sportbike Scene. Unfortunately, he lost his life last Monday May 2, 2016 doing what he like to do the most, riding.

Mike had made a name for himself (and a business) fixing old Kawasaki 750 Turbos. He also was well know internationally as a maker/repairer of high-quality pinball machines. What I liked about him was that I never saw anything on his face but a smile or a laugh - not a frown, anger, none of it.

He was pretty damn fast, too. He had a ZX10R (worked) that was freakin quick on the track. Mike had an accident 10 years ago that cost him his leg, but did that stop him from riding? No...he wore a prosthetic, velcroed it to a plate on the footpeg, and had a push-button shifter.

Apparently, he managed to get his hands on a Kawasaki H2 from someone who bought one and scared them. After he worked on it, it was putting out 260HP at the wheel. He crashed on a large straightaway on a 2 lane highway that he rode a lot. Apparently, some turkey buzzards were feeding on a dead deer just off the side of the road, and took off upon his approach; he hit one of them square on...lost control...ran off road and hit an embankment, which launched him 270 feet OVER some power lines. A nurse that lived across the street saw it and provided immediate assistance and she held his hand. He passed either with her or in the ambulance. Speed was estimated in triple digits.

His friends and family, including a couple of .org members attended his funeral yesterday. He had no wife or children. His parents were completely distraught (as they feared someday it may cost him).

He was a nice guy. It was great to see so many past and present Nashville riders who knew him show up.
RIP

Back