Fellow Rider Down....

LA Busa

Top 5 Femme Moto Finisher
Donating Member
Registered
And his Yamaha had nothing to do with it!

Some of you know and have ridden with Kevin, he attended the last two Spring Bash events with us. Pic of Me, BoB and Kev and his FAR BETTER HALF Anna:

ImageShack Links Do Not Work

Yesterday he attended a gun show in Mobile with his wife. He was apparently there to let a Glock armorer work on one of his .40s.
When he got into his car after leaving the show (we dont know all the details yet) he accidentally shot himself in the abdomen. The bullet (a Black Talon no less) passed through him and lodged somewhere in the cars interior. The round missed his vitals but penetrated his pelvis, today he is listed in fair condition.

We just did a track day a few weeks ago and we plan to return to Barber in March, hope he dont use a little gun shot wound as his reason for me passing him!

Further, Kev is an avid firearms guy, he is a former Marine and at Halloween he had this party at his new house. He and his wife were Mr. and Mrs. Smith (from the Angelina / Brad movie) and he carried this plastic MP5 around all night. Odd, was that he NEVER placed his finger on the trigger of this toy gun, always had his trigger finger straight out, along the side of the receiver just like it was a loaded weapon. I actually made fun of him for being too serious with his 'gun safety'......

I think he is going to be ok and when he gets out of the trauma center I plan to a) beat his as* for doing this and b) have the front page of the Mobile Press Registers Metro Page framed and waiting for him! Yep, he made the paper....

I am sad ot hear this. I hope all turns out good for him. Any word on what caused the discharge of the weapon?

Wow, thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery.

I'll save the gun safety lecture for another time. :rulez:

What an amazing series of events. How lucky for him (in a bigger-picture kinda way).

Wishing him a complete and quick recovery.

Wow, thoughts and prayers for a fast recovery.

I'll save the gun safety lecture for another time. :rulez:

Yeah!
He'll be getting plenty of lecture from me, when he's healed up!

One thing his wife told me on the phone last night was that had he had the weapon at a slightly different angle, she would be dead!

Gives me chills...

Thanks for the kind words yall, I am about to saddle up and go see ole DEAD EYE at the hospital... Take him a copy of the newspaper....

Oh my gosh... we were at that gun show yesterday too!! WOW!! Glad to hear he is gonna be okay. Was the baby with them? Oh my Gosh.. wow... I'm almost speechless!

Like Jules said, we were at the gun show yesturday wow. Randy tell Kev we are thinking about him, hope he makes a speedy recovery. Oh yeah beat him for me also.

Yeah!
He'll be getting plenty of lecture from me, when he's healed up!

One thing his wife told me on the phone last night was that had he had the weapon at a slightly different angle, she would be dead!

Gives me chills...

Thanks for the kind words yall, I am about to saddle up and go see ole DEAD EYE at the hospital... Take him a copy of the newspaper....

One thing about it, he's now a member of a very elite club. The "I own the Glock I was shot with" club :poke::poke:

Prayers for a speed recovery.

A black Talon round through the pelvis.... holy crapola, that'll put a damper on your day.... :disagree:

Back