Fellow Rider Down....

I hope he gets well soon. Aren't black talons the ones that can shoot through a cops body armor?

Ok, just got home from visiting Kev.

He was a little toasted on morphine but as near as I can assess it, the armorer, instead of zip tying the weapon in the usual fashion of running the tie through the mag well and out the ejection port apparently zip tied the trigger back...?

Kev, while in the driver seat of his car, inserted a magazine and racked the slide... and then, with the weapon in his lap pointing to the left of his navel.... tried to remove said zip tie......

Slight damage to intestinal tract, hole (approx 40 cal.) in pelvic bone, nasty exit wound atop the left buttock and a very, very badly bruised ego... A new one on me but the surgeons slit him from stem to stern so that they could inspect his intestines! Far nastier wound from that than the Black Talon!

Not life threatening, he was lucky and yes, he is now in the "I own the Glock I was shot with" club...

I told him of all the well wishes from his Busa buds here..... and he plans to make the March track day.... but I am making him leave his weapon at home:whistle:

Last edited:
I hope he gets well soon. Aren't black talons the ones that can shoot through a cops body armor?

No, they are a nasty expanding style projectile that when 'mushroomed' have barbs that flower out to create more tissue damage than with typical rounds....

Your thinking of the Teflon coated slugs I believe....

No, they are a nasty expanding style projectile that when 'mushroomed' have barbs that flower out to create more tissue damage than with typical rounds....

Your thinking of the Teflon coated slugs I believe....

Ok, ya maybe that was it.

Randy, I am certainly sorry to hear this. Give Kevin my best wishes :please: for a speedy recovery!!!

Last edited:
Very lucky from the sounds of it, had the bullet struck a major artery or spine the results would have been much, much worse.

Hard lesson learned I'm sure. I've seen and heard of plenty safety minded guys making bad mistakes resulting in accidental discharges. Key is to keep the muzzle pointed in a direction that it won't strike anyone should this happen. I won't even mention that you should remove zip ties before loading.

I'm also sure he would rather not be a member of the "I own the Glock that shot me" club. :poke:

At this point it sounds like the biggest threat to him will be infection. Praying that he heals up without any issues.

WOW! missed all his organs:bowdown: just a little different angle and that might have been all she wrote pretty scary thats for sure

Well, look at the bright side, at least he knows it works. :whistle: Prayers sent, Godspeed.

Last edited:
wow bad news... survive a "talon" hit of any kind is lucky... prayers for recovery...

self inflicted gunshots from a glock are pretty rare aren't they? (accidental that is)

Send him a "Semper Fi" from me. That could happen to anyone. It only takes a moment of thoughtlessness. Same goes for riding an insalely fast bike A. ???

Bad deal, glad he is okay.

This is ANOTHER reason why I like my H&K with the 1911-style thumb safety. I know accidents happen, but these kind of accidents can easily be fatal.

I ain't got talons, but I am pretty sure the Golden Sabres I carry can do similar damage, if not worse.

Painful and embarrassing! Hope he gets well quickly.

Was he actually carrying Black Talons that have been off the market since 2000 or a newer similar bullet such as the Ranger SXT?

Back