Fellow Rider Down....

Ouch, bet that stung a little.

Wish him a speedy recovery for me, and accidents happen...don't let himself beat himself up too much about it.

Get well soon!:beerchug:

Hey Randy, any news today?

He is good.

Saw him today and he was tender to say the least but in as good a' spirits as can be expected.

He was able to GINGERLY get out of the hospital bed and sit up in a chair.

I took him some motorcycle mags (news of a report on the new R1 perked him up a bit), made him laugh a time or two (which hurt him a little) and expect that he'll be back in the groove soon.

Kev is a mover, they wont keep him still for long!

He has the Talon slug in the room with him wrapped up in a zip lock bag.
All mushroomed out with some.... genetic material impacted therein.... should make a good conversation piece :poke:

Check out our 'Metro Region' front page here, his report is on the right side of the page:
http://www.al.com/press-register/pageone/sunday1b.pdf

I told him of all the well wishes and prayers sent from the .oRg and it seemed to move him.

Thanks to all of you!

I'll try to drag him to the next Bash so that yall can jab him!

Last edited:
Best wishes. Guns are always loaded, even when they're not.

The bone head that zip-tied the gun should be flogged. You never zip-tie a trigger back for any reason. There's no need to.

Sounds like he's making a speedy recovery. :beerchug:

I'm praying for Kev, and smack him around a bit for me to if you don't mind. :laugh:

WOW Hope for a full recovery that s a 1 an million shot those talons tear you up inside on their way out

We'll I've read and thank all for the post of prays and good wishes, and those of scorn and will take as good points to. Not much else the Docs are saying other than I am recover well and I feel I will be 100% soon. As the story on how it happen it all happend so fast. But as Randy has posted I had my Glock 23 worked on a the show by the armorer. I had the trigger lightend and a trigger stop installed. The guy zipped tied the trigger around the pistol grip. When I was walking around after the guy worked on it I just locked the slide to the rear. I didnt like the way he did it but i said whatever and continued on the guy was really busy. My 1st mistake. After looking around we left the show. I got in the car and I dont know I will quote Semper Fi "It only takes a moment of thoughtlessness" I put the mag in as a instinct I guess no other explenation, and sent the slide home. Then I started looking for somethein to remove the zip tie. Well since I cant keep a knife I lose them all the time. I purcased a swiss bayonet for my Sig 556 and said hmm Ill use this, 2nd mistake. And so i tried to cut it off once and nothing and so I got another bit and I guess when I pulled the zip tie the first time I put anough slack in it for the trigger to catch the catch and so when I pulled it again it went boom!!!! Dont know what else to say I was my thoughtlessness that got me in this mess. But thanks to all

Kevin

Back