Review: SUZUKI HAYABUSA (2013-2018) The King!

What do the GP and Superbike people use to set the benchmark for their bikes? They must use Dyno numbers as they are in the mid 200hp range, if they used a Superflow they'd be a lot less...

But just as you mentioned, it matters not the method, only the result.

What do the GP and Superbike people use to set the benchmark for their bikes? They must use Dyno numbers as they are in the mid 200hp range, if they used a Superflow they'd be a lot less...

But just as you mentioned, it matters not the method, only the result.
A quick google brings up nothing other than;

"All engines supplied to teams must be equal in specification (and the engine performance, as measured by the official Supplier under their standard dynamometer conditions, must be within the tolerance range agreed by the Organiser and the official Supplier."

That refers to moto2 where the engines are supplied by a manufacture. Who the official dyno supplier is, I have no idea. I would guess it is probably a European company?

In this KTM video, the in house dyno used to test the Motogp engine looks nothing like the consumer industry dynos. ( One can only imagine the resources a manufacture like Honda has... )

It looks as if like a manufacture would construct there own equipment for testing. If you were investing millions upon millions into a world wide racing program you would probably not outsource your testing equipment to a relatively backwater company. (no offence to Dyno Jet and Superflow... LOL )

It's an interesting subject, i wish there were more information.

cheers
ken

Custom Racer: Hayabusa Drag Bike - Bike Review

"Glen Northridge is well known in drag racing circles, loved by some, loathed by others but respected by all. Slightly eccentric and always thinking in numbers, Glenn thrives on the milliseconds of the quarter-mile time.
He is constantly looking for ways to improve and like most people with a competitive streak, is obsessive bordering on ruthless at times in his journey to be the best. Like many custom machines, this bike reflects the owner’s personality. Fast, loud and purposeful – and short!"

Custom-Hayabusa-Bike-Review20130414_0671.jpg

Custom-Hayabusa-Bike-Review20130414_0660.jpg

Custom-Hayabusa-Bike-Review20130414_0670.jpg

Custom Racer: Hayabusa Drag Bike - Bike Review

"Glen Northridge is well known in drag racing circles, loved by some, loathed by others but respected by all. Slightly eccentric and always thinking in numbers, Glenn thrives on the milliseconds of the quarter-mile time.
He is constantly looking for ways to improve and like most people with a competitive streak, is obsessive bordering on ruthless at times in his journey to be the best. Like many custom machines, this bike reflects the owner’s personality. Fast, loud and purposeful – and short!"

View attachment 1607254

View attachment 1607255

View attachment 1607256
That is my favorite normally aspirated short wheelbase drag Gen 1 . We all know if he lengthened it some , the times would be crazy quick .

That is my favorite normally aspirated short wheelbase drag Gen 1 . We all know if he lengthened it some , the times would be crazy quick .
Andrew I agree with you. He decided to go the hard way.
8.72 seconds, best MPH 165.60, with stock wheelbase, it is extremely low time.
I also like the attention to details, all the mods is in the right direction, and with a lot of work and money.
I would love to drive this animal on a public road.. :thumbsup:

Andrew I agree with you. He decided to go the hard way.
8.72 seconds, best MPH 165.60, with stock wheelbase, it is extremely low time.
I also like the attention to details, all the mods is in the right direction, and with a lot of work and money.
I would love to drive this animal on a public road.. :thumbsup:
Yes bro , the mph is fantastic , pointing to low 8 sec easy with additional stretch . This bike started out on the road as we know , it is a tough all motor Aussie Busa , built very nicely .

An H2 SE owner I know told me today my Busa is gutless and his bike would eat it for breakfast...of course with a big smile on his face....

For once....I had no real good comeback other than to say it should be passing everything out there for $20K

An H2 SE owner I know told me today my Busa is gutless and his bike would eat it for breakfast...of course with a big smile on his face....

For once....I had no real good comeback other than to say it should be passing everything out there for $20K
Well , not sure that is correct , the Gen 2 has the same torque stock , and the Busa matches HP with pipe with tune easy . Of course he could update his thing , but your thing on that day would of kept him honest , or even beat his ass , just because you open your throttle fully open quicker bro . The arguments can come quick and fast about any of the new bikes vs Busa , but we know how good the Busa is , and it still holds its own in any company .

Last edited:
Well , not sure that is correct , the Gen 2 has the same torque stock , and the matches HP with pipe with tune easy . Of course he could update his thing , but your thing on that day would of kept him honest , or even beat his ass , just because you open your throttle fully open quicker bro . The arguments can come quick and fast about any of the new bikes vs Busa , but we know how good the Busa is , and it still holds its own in any company .

I read a bit about them but to be honest don't know how my bike stacks up against those H2s, they seem intimidating.

I have a pipe, tune, quick shifter, filter so maybe...

I'm armed with a better response now so he had better watch out!!

Back