Review: SUZUKI HAYABUSA (2013-2018) The King!

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
Good article about a great bike. I read expecting a mention of the ZX in comparison and frankly I was relieved it didn't happen.
"Still the head honcho" said it all :)

white.Busa

Registered
SUZUKI HAYABUSA - The last mohican
brilliant article

"Garbage One: “It’s too heavy and fat.” :p
Your mother is too heavy and fat. So is your girlfriend. The Hayabusa is exactly the weight it should be, which is 266kg wet. If it was any lighter it wouldn’t do what it does so well and maintain its demonic stability at insane speeds"
"To my mind, the Gen II, the last of the old school rock’n’rollers, is a staggeringly brilliant motorcycle at a price that beggars belief"
“Holy Mother of God!” I remembered breathing, as that impossible engine started frying its biscuits"

2017 SUZUKI HAYABUSA – THE LAST MOHICAN

IMG_6675.jpg

Yellow09

Registered
Well written article and I've read them all in deciding which Gen Busa to get when I was shopping.

He said there was a Gen 3 coming so I guess that's gospel.

c10

Registered
If it was any lighter comment is just incorrect. If He had ridden mine or Roadtoad's ultra light street going birds.
Ram Jam is just as stable as it was in Fat weight ;)

ROADTOAD1340

Registered
If it was any lighter comment is just incorrect. If He had ridden mine or Roadtoad's ultra light street going birds.
Ram Jam is just as stable as it was in Fat weight ;)
He sure is unfamiliar with how good a lightened Busa can be , as c10 says . Rock steady at some tested silly speeds , and just all round easier , so less tiresome to punt on any road you ride , in short .
He is however , a pretty good motorcycle journo , and an Aussie , who seems to truly luv Busa .... I guess I could give him a ride on L2 if he signs up for enough insurance coverage !!

Blacksmith

Registered
That exhaust drawing doesn't show anything relating to a turbo...that's disappointing. Supercharged like the H2 maybe? How awesome would that be? 0 to 100 in 2.8 anyone?

Yellow09

Registered
That exhaust drawing doesn't show anything relating to a turbo...that's disappointing. Supercharged like the H2 maybe? How awesome would that be? 0 to 100 in 2.8 anyone?
I really hope Suzuki gets their head out of their arse and makes something dominating. I'm leaning towards a big bore vs turbo or supercharged.

Supercharged would be cool though.....

We need to lure a Suzuki rep to this forum, then we could pick their brains...

Blacksmith

Registered
I really hope Suzuki gets their head out of their arse and makes something dominating. I'm leaning towards a big bore vs turbo or supercharged.

Supercharged would be cool though.....

We need to lure a Suzuki rep to this forum, then we could pick their brains...
Everything I've read is saying they'll be going to 1430 anyway but super/turbo charging is always an argument. I vote super! Turbo is cool but can be done aftermarket already, factory supercharged would be awesome

Yellow09

Registered
Everything I've read is saying they'll be going to 1430 anyway but super/turbo charging is always an argument. I vote super! Turbo is cool but can be done aftermarket already, factory supercharged would be awesome
Kawasaki kicked open the door on supercharging, maybe Suzuki will go that route..a supercharged big bore Hayabusa would be something.....

Latest Bikes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1300alaska