Rev went to vancouver, trip report with pics

Beachcombing for cool rocks and driftwood.

Vic_Alert_06_25a.jpg

Wow- great pics! Sounds like an awesome drink filled vacation!

The Cultural Center in Alert Bay. Tribal people live on one half the island, I guess the Canadian aboriginal people were treated only little better than the tribes in the U.S.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150778067 -->

Vic_Alert_06_26a.jpg

It's an active fishing village, it's quiet, laidback, and the people are super friendly for the mostpart. Actually all around the Country we were treated wonderfully...

I LOVE Canada. Beautiful women, great food, lack of crowding, and friendly folks.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1150906002 -->

Vic_Alert_06_26b.jpg

A Native Burial Ground. It's sacred land to the tribe so you do not walk through it, but photos are ok. Genuine totems...

Vic_Alert_06_27.jpg

OK I thought these were really cool... I know I know but seriously, little hearts? Awesome.

Vic_Alert_06_29.jpg

Oh and these are scattered around like Sparrows... They were everywere on the Island, I watched them hunt, heard them call... It was awesome...

Vic_Alert_06_32a.jpg

I love the Bald Eagles, they hung out just off the back porch of the house.

Vic_Alert_06_32c.jpg

Wierdest thing? There is a swamp in the middle of this tiny little Island. Yup, up on top of the highest point, here is a genuines swamp. Very Strange.

Vic_Alert_06_32d.jpg

I just couldn't get over these trees, they reminded me of something from a Hobbit movie...

Vic_Alert_06_34.jpg

And then on the return ride home we stopped breifly at Friday Harbor, San Juan Island. Great place as well, and prolly where the wife and I are going to go for our next vacation.

Vic_Alert_06_37.jpg

Anyway, we had a great time, very relaxing and very mellow. The people we met were great and it's something we'll do again prolly.

Not to Alert Bay, but we will be getting back to Victoria, it's beautiful.

Back