Rev's Victoria Trip.  Lot's of pics

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
Fell in love with Victoria a few years ago, seems to be a place with that perfect balance of old and new, size without being too small or too big, and to top it all off it's got a great British Feel and it's full of friendly folks...

Went up with the Wife and girlfriend, drive was nice. It was the first Interstate road trip in the E92 and it was superb. Very Quiet, comfortable, with plenty of power for passing and a relaxed 80mph pace had me at 27MPG, yippa! No Tickets, No drama.

Did have a C5 Vette think he was going to get away while in BC on 99. That was fun, latched onto his rear bumper to about 130 for a little while, he couldn't shake me even a little never gained any distance on me. That was entertaining.

Anyhoo, here's some pics...

Check out the Awesome parking at the Hotel Grand Pacific,
I know I know But I was pretty happy with this... Nice.

IMG_3383.jpg

Concrete on three sides... Love a hotel that understands
smile.gif

IMG_3384.jpg

View from dinner at Vista 18... Excellent Tapas, entrees just OK, waitress Falyn was adorable.
IMG_3362.jpg

Fantastic city
IMG_3365.jpg

Sun going down
IMG_3367.jpg

A few drinks, and both the ladies were outta focus, it was the end of a long day out and about, we were all pretty wore out.
IMG_3360.jpg

Parliament
IMG_3379.jpg

Beer at Swans "Mmmmm Beer"
IMG_3388.jpg

OK One of me, Nicely Lit... Running my mouth... I rarely Drink when State side, but get me up north and I drink like a fish...
IMG_3387.jpg

Bug Zoo is quaint, small but you get to handle all the bugs, so that's pretty cool.

Wife has no Fear...
IMG_3433.jpg

Neither does the other one.
IMG_3449.jpg

Carolina Wolf Spider
IMG_3441.jpg

Our Arch Nemesis the Hobo
IMG_3456.jpg

The Widow... I grew up with these being all over the place in Colorado...
IMG_3461.jpg

It's a LEAF... No it's a Bug... Well it's sorta both...
IMG_3393-1.jpg

Laguna Seca Blue... Just add a Black Light...
IMG_3444.jpg

Orchid mantis
IMG_3469.jpg

great pics, looks like an awesome time.

Trouble is, if I showed up at the bug zoo, the only decision would be shotgun, or baseball bat...........

squish squish squish,
guns.gif
bug

Thanks, I was hoping for a little love on the Bug Pictures... I was pretty pleased. They were all taken with my Old Canon Digital Elph.
beerchug.gif

That city shot from the Vista 18 is awesome! I can see how you feel in love with the place~ You coulda warned me about the aracnid pics though... now I have the heebie-jeebies all over again!  
ghostface.gif

You guys are all looking great! Especially the ladies, but you like you're doing good as well~  
firedevil.gif

(GJoker @ May 17 2007,13:12) That city shot from the Vista 18 is awesome! I can see how you feel in love with the place~ You coulda warned me about the aracnid pics though... now I have the heebie-jeebies all over again!
ghostface.gif

You guys are all looking great! Especially the ladies, but you like you're doing good as well~
firedevil.gif
Sorry Bro, But at least I didn't post up the Roach pictures... Actually I didn't even take any... Eww...

Hope you and yours are doing well.

The detail is great on the bug pics, and like that you caught the lights streaking by in that night shot. well done.

Oh and the beamer parking was perfect.
super.gif

That was a really nice view you had there. Cool bugs too. Looks like it was a total blast.

Thanks for sharing the great pics.

(rubbersidedown @ May 17 2007,16:14) That pic of you Kieth,is that in "Swan's Pub" ?
Hell Yeah! Wouldn't go there without stopping in... Even though I wasn't the one drinking the beer...
wink.gif
Still a nice place.

Did you stay at the same place as you did the last time you went up there? The vista pic looks familiar.

(Gunnybusa @ May 17 2007,17:03) Did you stay at the same place as you did the last time you went up there? The vista pic looks familiar.
Yeah We stayed at the Hotel Grand Pacific again, in the sunset pics it's over on the left with the Canadian Flag in Front of it.

I'ts a nice place, 5 star I think it is. The wife would be just fine with the Holiday Inn or something, but I like to do it up a little while on Vacation, makes it feel like a vacation. so we got a suite this time as well. Turn Down service, Robes Mint on pillow... it's nice.

http://www.hotelgrandpacific.com/

The View and the Drinks from Vista 18 are pretty cool though.

Next time I head up though I'm going to see if RSD can hook me up with some Connections for a good B&B. We will probably take the Clipper as well, because every time we head up there I park the car when we arrive and get around on foot... So yeah, don't need a car at all...

Back