Retail price for a 09?? Is Suzuki Web site wrong

they should honor the previous deal if they were a reputable dealer IMO

I can't believe they raised it another 700 on top of the 500 they had already raised it from 2008..... I am going shopping here in 2-3 mos and based on that I may end up going for a similar bike for alot less money....:poke:

Did I hear a chaching sound of my bike going up a little in value? No, it was the cherching sound of Deb hitting me in the head and telling me to get off the .Org now...:oh:

You have to shop around. I stopped by a dealer in TX, who told me they are in short supply, special order only, $13,000.

I could get a really good deal on an 08, but 500 miles away, they had it on ebay.

Once home, I listed the dealers from Suzuki's website and started calling, asking what they had on the floor and best out the door price.

The fourth dealer I called, 83 miles away had a blue 08 would let it go same price as the ebay deal 500 miles away and I closed a deal on a 09 grey for $750 more. They loaded it on the back of my truck same day.

you know this "short supply" crap is getting old!!! Kawasaki dealer is sitting on five 09 of their big bikes. WHY is Suzuki doling these out. They are losing sales

Wow! my local dealer is selling them for 11,900http://www.troycitygarage.com/street_bikes.htm...Take your money and run.:whistle:

Hey all, I was at Macolm Smith Motorcycles in beautiful riverside california. Walked in the door to a white 09' busa msrp @ 15499.00. Yes it seemed to be stock!

Thanks for the number. He did sign off on the trade-in and then he applied the trade in value to the purchase agreement. But he didn't sign that one which says 12500.00. Across the top of the purchase order in bold letters is "This agreement in not binding unless signed by the seller and the buyer".
Whats funny is that same dealer lowered the price of a 09 ZX14.

Does the "trade-in document" show the $12,500 purchase amount of the '09 to which it is being applied? If so, you may have an agreement with that piece of paper. The other one--which you describe "says 12500.00"--is typical; that's because dealers have you sign a paper which is an offer to them, which they can accept by signing. If they don't honor the $12,500, then maybe it's worth a visit to an attorney to see if you have a case. It's a pretty simple analysis.

I know how you feel man...i ordered a new 09 as well and im not picking it up until march. I went in there last week to talk bout the bike and gettin it ordered and stuff and he said that suzuki is raisin prices 5% because of the economy. Soo he didnt really say if he was goin to keep it at my price or raise it up but i know its something i am goin to clear up before i go through with payin for it

I went in there last week to talk bout the bike and gettin it ordered and stuff and he said that suzuki is raisin prices 5% because of the economy.
Sounds like a sound business plan to me. Crap economy? Put your prices up. Think I'll do that and see how long it takes before I start losing clients!

Sounds like a sound business plan to me. Crap economy? Put your prices up. Think I'll do that and see how long it takes before I start losing clients!
suzuki knows that some of us will buy no matter what, so less bikes means more valuable ,,, sucks but its true ,,,
the dealers are the fuggup ones ,making deals and then backing out when the # changed ,
i had it happen too me twice, one from my local and one out of state,

the out of state guy made a quote, took my card # for a 100 deposit and then called back later , something about the bike being black and not silver like i wanted and B.S like that, i asked several times and he told me before we made a deal that the crate said silver on it, he also quoted me 11400 tax included , WTF

suzuki knows that some of us will buy no matter what, so less bikes means more valuable ,,, sucks but its true ,,,
the dealers are the fuggup ones ,making deals and then backing out when the # changed
I hate to split hairs, but you are quite wrong. The "fuggup" ones are the people who will pay whatever the dealer says. For them it's simply good business, assuming you don't do what you should, which is walk away.

I hate to split hairs, but you are quite wrong. The "fuggup" ones are the people who will pay whatever the dealer says. For them it's simply good business, assuming you don't do what you should, which is walk away.

yeah thats one way to look at it if your ok not having the bike you want,

my point is if someone makes a deal its a deal and if an establishment like a suzuki dealer makes a deal they sure as hell should uphold it ,

paying alot for a bike isnt fuggup up changing the #'s after a deal has been made is

I say buy the 08 then buy the plastic in the color of your choice if you save 3000$ on the bike it will pay for the plastic, and if you put the bike down, you now have a spare set or you could sell your plastic to off set the cost of the new

F.Y.I. Suzuki just updated their official web site for the Busa. Its now $13,199.00 It kind of made me gasp when I saw the 13 number. This is becoming a pricey ride. I can see a lot of people taking a closer look at the ZX-14's now.

It doesn't matter what the retail is currently on the bike. Dealerships already make plenty of money on the bike and will make as much as you are willing to let them. Tell them you are sorry that suzuki is raising the price on him but you already agreed to a price and if he won't honor it then you will find someone who will sell one at the price you agreed on. Example, when the 08's were new and scarce on the market, i was quoted several different prices from every dealership i called. and believe me i called a ton. i was also color specific in my taste (black and grey) the quotes ranged from retail plus fees to more than retail plus fees, to give me a deposit and i let you know what kinda deal when the bike arrives. i was ready to buy and told three dealerships what I WOULD PAY IF THEY WANTED TO SELL A UNIT. I found one that agreed after a little negotiating and bought it. they all had the same suggested retail price, but trust me, he still made some $$$ even though i didn't pay suggested retail.

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm all set and he is keeping the price to the amount we agreed on. It didn't take much for him to say fine. I argued the fact that my deal has been going on since 10-04-08. So I'm all set and should have the silver one in a few weeks. I was going to just wait till May to pick it up cuz I'm strapped for space but I told him I just wanted it now.
I did think about the ZX14 for a night and I just cant bring my self to buying that bike. Thanks a bunch.

TC

Thanks for all the great advice. I'm all set and he is keeping the price to the amount we agreed on. It didn't take much for him to say fine. I argued the fact that my deal has been going on since 10-04-08. So I'm all set and should have the silver one in a few weeks. I was going to just wait till May to pick it up cuz I'm strapped for space but I told him I just wanted it now.
I did think about the ZX14 for a night and I just cant bring my self to buying that bike. Thanks a bunch.

TC

Right on! Sounds like he was just counting on you to have more cash than brains. Good job settin' him straight! :beerchug:

Right on! Sounds like he was just counting on you to have more cash than brains. Good job settin' him straight! :beerchug:

My brother has bought a few bikes from this same dealer so I think that helped. I still can't believe Suzuki raised the price that much. As soon as I get it home I post a few pics.

TC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back