Retail price for a 09?? Is Suzuki Web site wrong

two4tom

Registered
I just got back from the dealers and he said Suzuki just raised the Hayabusa price to $13200.00. I traded in my bike and was just paying on the balance cuz I'm not picking the bike up till may. We agreed on $12500.00 minus my trade for the 09 back in October when we started the deal. He told me today I will have to pay the new price. I guess Yamaha did the same thing. I feel like I'm totally getting screwed here.

TC

hold off on the purchase or buy a new 08.. A new 08 can be had for around $9200 + taxes etc.. only difference are colors..

You have to shop around. I stopped by a dealer in TX, who told me they are in short supply, special order only, $13,000.

I could get a really good deal on an 08, but 500 miles away, they had it on ebay.

Once home, I listed the dealers from Suzuki's website and started calling, asking what they had on the floor and best out the door price.

The fourth dealer I called, 83 miles away had a blue 08 would let it go same price as the ebay deal 500 miles away and I closed a deal on a 09 grey for $750 more. They loaded it on the back of my truck same day.

do you have paperwork from this deal. I mean you already gave them your bike and are paying on the balance and they add to their price.....sounds fishy.

Too bad if Suzuki raised their price...deal is done. Tell them to give you more for your bike now.

ive been looking for weeks and found a few in the low 11's both white and the black color but no silver:confused2:,

my local stealership shafted me on my 11400 deal for a silver that he had on order and sold it at the trade show for full list which was 12500,???

i called out of state today and bought a silver 09 off the floor for 11600 which is still too much but i went for it ,

it seems suzuki canceled all orders and made every dealer reorder the 2nd shipment of 09's , they reduce production by 40% and raised msrp to 13200 from 12500,,

if your looking for a gen 2 the deals are all over on 08's if you want a gen 2 09 color ya beter buy one off the floor or break out another several hundred when the 2nd shipment arrives in 4 to 8 weeks,

theres an 08 with 95 miles on another site "PB" that the guy has for under 9k :beerchug: going to grab my 09 monday

I just got back from the dealers and he said Suzuki just raised the Hayabusa price to $13200.00. I traded in my bike and was just paying on the balance cuz I'm not picking the bike up till may. We agreed on $12500.00 minus my trade for the 09 back in October when we started the deal. He told me today I will have to pay the new price. I guess Yamaha did the same thing. I feel like I'm totally getting screwed here.

TC
He's breaking a legal, negotiated, in force contract (and the law), and trying to cheat you which is very common amongst low-life scum-sucking scag dealerships, You have evry legal right to demand your trade in back or the agreed value, and any associated fee's such as cash down, cash paid etc. And it wolud be an open and shut case if you retain an attorney :laugh: he's just trying to screw you. Go in there and tell him you know what he's doing is illegal, and if he tries to break the already in effect legal contract you'll be getting a lawyer. He'll drop the whole price raise issue :thumbsup:
I'd love to take a piece of crap like that out behind the shop and beat his greedy, cheatin' scum ass into a puddle of meat :cussing:

Ouch! Don't let him get away with that. Went bike shopping today with a friend and saw a white 09 for 11,050 out the door. Tax, Lic everything included.

Thanks for all the advice. Ill go monday and talk to him and we will see what happens. Ill tell you what Suzuki is out of there mind for raising the price that much. The bike has not one up date to justify a price increase like that. I wouldn't have a issue with it if it was a some sort of anniversary model but its just a siver bike that has a okay paint job. I passed up a 08 orange/black back in the fall like a dum ass. Ill let you all know what happens.

TC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks for all the advice. Ill go monday and talk to him and we will see what happens. Ill tell you what Suzuki is out of there mind for raising the price that much. The bike has not one up date to justify a price increase like that. I wouldn't have a issue with it if it was a some sort of anniversary model but its just a siver bike that has a okay paint job. I passed up a 08 orange/black back in the fall like a dum ass. Ill let you all know what happens.

TC.
Posted via Mobile Device

plenty of orange and blacks around for 9k now

Em...has nobody noticed the economy? All the dealers around here are hurting badly. The first things to go are expensive toys like motorcycles and boats. This is just the tip of the iceberg too. It's a buyer's market, so why pay on a bike you won't own for another 5 months?

I'm no lawyer, but I doubt the paperwork needs his signature because payments are already being made on the agreed price.

It costs money for an attorney. Just call one of the local TV stations and share your experience with this bloke with them. I'll bet they'd love to share it with everyone else!

You traded in your bike, and didn't get anything signed by the dealer? Suzuki's website still lists the MSRP as $12,499. Maybe you need to tell him that you two will make a call to Suzuki North America to straighten it out: 1 (714) 572-1490. Good luck.

You traded in your bike, and didn't get anything signed by the dealer? Suzuki's website still lists the MSRP as $12,499. Maybe you need to tell him that you two will make a call to Suzuki North America to straighten it out: 1 (714) 572-1490. Good luck.

Thanks for the number. He did sign off on the trade-in and then he applied the trade in value to the purchase agreement. But he didn't sign that one which says 12500.00. Across the top of the purchase order in bold letters is "This agreement in not binding unless signed by the seller and the buyer".
Whats funny is that same dealer lowered the price of a 09 ZX14.

the dealer i bought from sells kawi as well and told me that kawi is giving thier product away to the dealer network right now ,,he got 3 09 14's for 1000 less then the last ones he ordered???

id get my bike back and tell that stealership to fugg off ,, that deal is a sign of the way that they will treat you forever if you buy from them,

plenty of deals around 8700 for a blk and grey 08 w 95 miles on it ,,

And you don't mention the dealers name or location here? Why not? turn the heat up on them. tell all your friends.....hit up all the local MC forums.....newspaper....better business bureau, etc.

If you put money down....a deal is a deal. If not, then you are screwed but take your business elsewhere and put the word out on this business.

And you don't mention the dealers name or location here? Why not? turn the heat up on them. tell all your friends.....hit up all the local MC forums.....newspaper....better business bureau, etc.

If you put money down....a deal is a deal. If not, then you are screwed but take your business elsewhere and put the word out on this business.

before I put there name up I want to talk to them first.

TC
Posted via Mobile Device

Back