removing the S from the tank

Well if you guys don't like them, you can send them to me. I need a couple.

I just went out into the garage and pulled mine off, Took all of about 15 min and that included clean up.

I dont think it is possible to save them, Came off in three peices and I was being gentle. Was gonna send them to you but there not going to do you any good now.

Going to start a thread showing the beofre and after ( Pics ) so slow down Pic Police. :laugh:

Well Dennis,

You better have taken off that "S" from your tank after we talked......

Let it go man......just let it go! :poke:

:rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Here are some pics......just used a heat gun......heated it until the "S" bubbled alittle.......pulled it off......and pulled off the remaining glue while still wamr with fingers and ........ VOILA!!!:thumbsup:

S Tank 12.23.08.jpg

No S Tank 12.23.08-1.jpg

Would it be easier to heat it, then slide some fishing line under it to cut the seal? Would it come off in one piece? You guys have me thinking now...???

I just went out into the garage and pulled mine off, Took all of about 15 min and that included clean up.

I dont think it is possible to save them, Came off in three peices and I was being gentle. Was gonna send them to you but there not going to do you any good now.

Going to start a thread showing the beofre and after ( Pics ) so slow down Pic Police. :laugh:

lift the edge, spray with decal remover, they come right off in one piece.

Well Dennis,

You better have taken off that "S" from your tank after we talked......

Let it go man......just let it go! :poke:

:rofl::laugh::rofl::laugh:

Here are some pics......just used a heat gun......heated it until the "S" bubbled alittle.......pulled it off......and pulled off the remaining glue while still wamr with fingers and ........ VOILA!!!:thumbsup:

They are off.. :) I was going to leave it and take them off today but after we talked on the phone the guilt was so bad I went out to the garage and got them off.. :)

I need 2 of them! If anyone will send me the ones they take off, it would be greatly appreciated!

i will be taking mine off tonight. i have a special tool that i used to remove the badges off my car. i should be able to get them off in one piece. who ever wants them pm'me your address and ill send them out.

Use WD40 and saw it off with fishing string. Then use the WD40 and a soft cloth to remove the rest of the glue.
Steve

Back