Rectifier recall notice came today

Waiting for "The Letter",I really don't want Bike touched by strangers:laugh:
When my 2000 busa had the camchain tensioner recall,I did it myself,and signed the RO so the dealer gets his money from Suzuki,he was Happy,and so was I...but I knew the owner of the dealership:whistle:Tested charging system today...battery checked out 12.56 volts before I started bike....at Idle was
14.1 v...at 5000rpm 14.45 volts...bike is an '08'..I just might wait on this recall??? Dr.N

Waiting for "The Letter",I really don't want Bike touched by strangers:laugh:
When my 2000 busa had the camchain tensioner recall,I did it myself,and signed the RO so the dealer gets his money from Suzuki,he was Happy,and so was I...but I knew the owner of the dealership:whistle:Tested charging system today...battery checked out 12.56 volts before I started bike....at Idle was
14.1 v...at 5000rpm 14.45 volts...bike is an '08'..I just might wait on this recall??? Dr.N
Don't need the letter, just do it.

I hope you CAN have your choice. I called the shop I trust (not the same dealership I bought from) and the guy there told me that i should take it to the dealership I purchased from -- for warranty purposes.

I hope the place I bought from is good:please:

Unfortunately, the dealer I bought it from is in Lakeland, in the middle of the state, approx. 200 miles from my house... now I am hesitant to make that kind of trip on the bike and breakdown halfway there on SR60 with nothing but cows to look and laugh at me... as there is nothing out there!

Unfortunately, the dealer I bought it from is in Lakeland, in the middle of the state, approx. 200 miles from my house... now I am hesitant to make that kind of trip on the bike and breakdown halfway there on SR60 with nothing but cows to look and laugh at me... as there is nothing out there!
There aren't any dealers closer to your house?

Letter came a couple of days ago....I took it in today and had AJ Foyt Suzuki (now Mancuso Powersports) change it out. I was in and out in around 50 mins.

Just recieved the notice today about the 2009 Busa. I called the closest dealership and they informed me that they do not have the part and will not order the part till I drop off the bike. They informed me they will have it for about 3 to 4 DAYS till the part comes in. They said they wanted to make sure I did ride the bike and that is why they are doing it this way.

Will be calling more dealerships in the area and a call to Suzuki corporate about this BS. Not expecting much from Suzuki but I least I get to let off some steam on them about it.
:banghead:

I called Suzuki corporate and they informed me that some dealerships are requiring that you drop off the bike for days and that I should call around to other dealerships if I have an issue with it. They were actually very nice on the phone.

I called another dealership (the one that I bought the bike at) and they ordered the part today. They will give me a call when the part comes in so they can switch it out. Very nice experience with them. They are just much farther away.

The part is on the way and that is a good thing.

I just drop my bike today at the dealer cause i got that letter also. They order the replacement today and they said it will be 3 to 5 days waiting just for the part to arrive so i should see my babe by next week. P.S. the letter said very clear "Do not operate the motorcycle"
Thanks

dropped by my local Suzuki dealership this afternoon to "window shop." Poked my head at the Service Desk with recall letter in hand and just so happened they got more parts in. In-N-Out is less than 15 minutes :cheerleader:
P.S. Tech said that even if my bike had zero issues so far, it was only a matter of time for the old part to crap out.

I got my recall letter a couple days ago, went to the dealer and got the part order. They also found out a second recall about the ignition wiring on 08 busa. They will look at it this sat.

I bought my bike near lake Okeechobee in '08 and its been serviced, recall(s) that is, by a zuke dealer here in J'ville. No problemos.

I got my recall letter a couple days ago, went to the dealer and got the part order. They also found out a second recall about the ignition wiring on 08 busa. They will look at it this sat.
Same with me...but the rectifier they said they had wasn't there so ignition was done have to take it back for rectifier...
Posted via Mobile Device

Back