question about rectifier recall

hemi

Registered
08 orange/black-had the rectifier replaced under warranty july 2009 (my wife tells me lol), and just wondering if i will get the recall notice. My buddy has the same bike, and brother in law has a boulevard, we all live in pretty much the same area and they have both received the recall letter but i have not received anything yet. Not sure if my rectifier is one of the newer units, or they're just late on sending out the letter. Will try to call the dealer this weekend to check. Hoping it isn't recalled anyway, i don't trust my local dealer worth a crap and don't want them touching my bike again, they are the biggest morons!!! Took them 2.5 weeks to troubleshoot the bike last time and find out the rectifier was shot, after i told them the day i dropped it off that was the problem. Upon pickup, realized on the way home they forgot to bolt my gas tank down! Recently changed my plugs and it took 4 trips to finally get the right oem plugs. So yes, i have my reasons for not wanting them even airing up my tires, they probably couldn't figure out the correct psi anyway

I got my recall letter a week or two ago. Your dealer sounds just like mine. I was wondering if they would give me a rectifier and let me swap it out myself and bring them back the old one. I highly doubt it. I guess I will just have to live with the rectifier I have rather than let them touch my bike. Anyway, I haven't had any problems with it yet.

my friend that has the same bike says u can get re-imbursed for it if u chose not to have the work done. Think i will go that route, have them re-imburse me if it is in fact recalled, and if i have problems down the road i will just buy a rectifier and replace it myself-should be an easy job, think they're only about $200

08 orange/black-had the rectifier replaced under warranty july 2009 (my wife tells me lol), and just wondering if i will get the recall notice. My buddy has the same bike, and brother in law has a boulevard, we all live in pretty much the same area and they have both received the recall letter but i have not received anything yet. Not sure if my rectifier is one of the newer units, or they're just late on sending out the letter. Will try to call the dealer this weekend to check. Hoping it isn't recalled anyway, i don't trust my local dealer worth a crap and don't want them touching my bike again, they are the biggest morons!!! Took them 2.5 weeks to troubleshoot the bike last time and find out the rectifier was shot, after i told them the day i dropped it off that was the problem. Upon pickup, realized on the way home they forgot to bolt my gas tank down! Recently changed my plugs and it took 4 trips to finally get the right oem plugs. So yes, i have my reasons for not wanting them even airing up my tires, they probably couldn't figure out the correct psi anyway

My busa is an 09 and I git the recal takes 20 minutes to change yunit at dealer you should just find another dealer.

on the flip side, if you don't swap out for the new rectifier recall and take the buy out you could risk draining your battery and be out about $100. just a thought. i got mine done today and put it behind me. they took about 45min. to swap it out and stamped my vin. plate.

Had my 08 rectifier replaced under warranty shortly after I bought it new. I received recall notice last Saturday, but haven't called them yet to see if it needs doing again.

my friend that has the same bike says u can get re-imbursed for it if u chose not to have the work done. Think i will go that route, have them re-imburse me if it is in fact recalled, and if i have problems down the road i will just buy a rectifier and replace it myself-should be an easy job, think they're only about $200

Me too!

Got my notice for my '09 this week. Called my dealer yesterday. They told me I need to take the bike in first and they will then order the part. What the heck? They have a recall order the part and call me when it comes in.

Got my notice for my '09 this week. Called my dealer yesterday. They told me I need to take the bike in first and they will then order the part. What the heck? They have a recall order the part and call me when it comes in.

Do you have other dealers nearby??? I dropped by mine to browse riding gear on sale, no plans at all to get the recall done. 15 minutes later, they had my bike done :cheerleader:

think i might have it done now, stopped by another local suzuki dealer today and talked to them for a bit. He was well aware of the recall and said if i just let them know when, and give them my vin, they will order it and replace it while i wait when it comes in. My other dealer wants to keep the bike for 1.5-2 weeks to replace it. Do the plastics need to come off when replacing rectifier?

It is a federal DOT required recall , but it wouldn't be the first time someone did something unlawful. :whistle:

It takes 15 minutes, why would you even consider not getting it done ?

Had my 08 rectifier replaced under warranty shortly after I bought it new. I received recall notice last Saturday, but haven't called them yet to see if it needs doing again.

They had a stop sale and recall on this. The recall list all Gen II Hayabusa's. The unit that will be put into your bike will be different from the one in your bike. Some people are reporting that dealers are taking credit for doing this work on bikes that haven;t been worked on. I would go or call the dealer and tell them I have my letter and need my bike worked on.

That's too funny, unless there's been some scamming going on. My dealer back-ordered my part over the phone and installed the unit three days later.

I waited on my bike. 15 minute job. :banghead:

think i might have it done now, stopped by another local suzuki dealer today and talked to them for a bit. He was well aware of the recall and said if i just let them know when, and give them my vin, they will order it and replace it while i wait when it comes in. My other dealer wants to keep the bike for 1.5-2 weeks to replace it. Do the plastics need to come off when replacing rectifier?

No they do not. The rectifier sits in the belly wing just in front of the rear tire near the road.

ok thanks, gonna call them monday and have them order it. Will try to have them do it on saturday and wait on the bike

they ordered mine, but i had to give them proof of ownership, they said they would do it while i wait, should be in monday

ok thanks, gonna call them monday and have them order it. Will try to have them do it on saturday and wait on the bike

I think you're doing the wise thing. I've had my bike for three years 18K miles and the original battery, but I got mine done. Best of luck.

lol, my battery didn't last 6 months bc my rectifier crapped out a few months after owning the bike, and in return toasted the battery bc the battery voltage dropped too low

Back