Anyone had this problem - not covered under recall?

btbusa

Registered
Hi all,
After a 400 mile ride last weekend, I've noticed that my indicators and tail lilght have pretty much stopped working.

If I turn the steering from full left to full right, everything works in 2 places of about 5-10 degs of travel. With the steering straight ahead I get nothing.

I called my local Suzuki dealer and he's told me that my chassis number is not recognised by the factory recall system - and he's double checked that it's not one of the recall bikes.

My first thought was it could easily be related to the ignition loom recall, but now I'll have to strip it down myself and see whats broken.

Just wondered if anyone has had the same? Mines a 2k8 btw, 7,500 miles.
thanks and regards to all.
Bernie.

think it's 1 year 12000 mile unless extended. If that is an issue that is being recalled an your VID number was left out. Promising corporate legal or class action from others left out of the recall may help motivate them :laugh:

I thought the recall on the 08 ignition problem was for ALL 08 models, dealer SHOULD make it right!

Update....

I spoke to Suzuki GB customer services and they informed me that my bike WAS one of the affected machines - but, they rectified it before it left the factory ???

I've inspected the routing a few times and I thought it looked fine - but decided to take the screen out for a proper look...

With the ignition on, if I slightly bend the wire bundle that is directly after the cable tie attached to the ignition switch - then I can make the lights work or stop with just a very slight flexing.

Obviously, the mod that Suzuki did was in UK terms 'pants' and I've def got a broken wire coming directly from the ignition switch.

I'm thankful that it was 'just' my lights that failed - and not the engine supply during my big ride last weekend as I was enjoying some very nice twisties in an area known as The Forest of Dean (UK boys will know it well)

So.... I am emailing SGB again with this update, and I'll tell you what they say.

Sounds like they botched the fix ???

Agreed.

They ballsed the whole thing up.

Local dealer is pursuing the case with Suzuki, but agrees that switch and loom need replacing.

Happy that I didn't loose engine electrics 200 miles from home...

Not wanting to be a scare monger, but everyone should be aware that this may still be a problem even after being recalled.

I'll admit that, as a new 2009 owner, I am beginning to have great concerns about Suzuki products. Seems there are some issues with these bikes and Suzuki is not really stepping up to fix them.

Personal experience... Keys are garbage. I bent my key easily by a bum move trying to remove it from the gas tank the 2nd time I filled up the bike. Purchase price is high, replacement parts are unGodly expensive, and Suzuki doesn't want to help folks out. Grrrrr...

A fellow I met at the shop a few weeks ago has an '08 Busa with mirror issues (warranty replaced) and had a radiator crack that Suzuki did not want to fix under warranty. Evidently radiators aren't covered?!? He eventually got the dealer to warranty it. Sounds like the unit installed in our bikes is a cheap plastic radiator, prone to easy breakage.

Hope continued time with the bike will prove otherwise, but I'm not feeling too confident that some basic reliability issues with these bikes have been addressed by the manufacturer.

Mike

no question about it the dealer is responsible. your bike was on the recall list and they apparently fixed the issue but there was further damage to the wire and or wires. you have a legitimate argument! keep pushing them.

get those stinkin wire ties out of there and replace them with hook and loop velcro

What's this about a recall?? ? I have an 08 running perfectly at 1400 miles. How do I know if mine is subject to recall?

What's this about a recall?? ? I have an 08 running perfectly at 1400 miles. How do I know if mine is subject to recall?
You can call suzi usa or your local dealer and give them your vin to verify if your unit was affected.
Posted via Mobile Device

There's a recall for bad rectifiers, clutch bolts backing out, and wiring loom problems so far I think. Suzuki has a horrible rep for taking car of warranty probs from all I've read and hear, but the others arent much (if any) better. The japs make hella fast bikes, but them and their dealers seem to suck balls when it comes to taking care of customers warranty work :moon:

Suzuki have agreed to a "good will waranty claim"

That's cr@p, but at least I'll get it fixed.

There's no way that the wire could have failed due to any other reason than it wasn't fixed right in the first place, and now i have it apart you can see that it's way too tight and pulls on full-lock.

Watch out for this one guys - and if your indicators and tail light pack up, then you know where to look - and who to call..

ride safe all.

Prior to having the recall done, I lost the instrument panel lights and turn signal indicators-due to blown fuses. Went through three fuses (two at night) before I could get the bike in. No probs since then.

Back