08 recall ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techbiker

Registered
HEADS UP

I just got off the phone with a dealer in OK, I told him was looking to buy a Hayabusa. He then stopped me and said as much as he wanted to sell me one, that he recievied a letter this morning from Suzuki to stop sales and a recall was being put in place for the Hayabusa!
wowold.gif

Thats all I know at the moment we did not discuss details. Maybe someone has more information about this.

I just called the 'busa doctor' (the service writer at the dealership).

When he gets back from lunch he will look up my bike, by vin, and tell me if there's anything going on.

Here is the update;

There is a safety issue surrounding the front wiring harness, is can rub and expose wiring causing the bike to stall.
Because this is an safety issue all sales will be held till a fix is place.

http://www.busanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2354

Dear Suzuki Dealer

I regret to inform you that
Suzuki has determined that a problem affecting motor vehicle
safety exists on certain 2008 GSX1300RK8 model motorcycles. The ignition switch lead
wire may be improperly routed resulting in loss of electrical power and stalling of the
engine. As a result, the affected units cannot be sold at retail until corrective action is
completed.

A Technical Service Bulletin (TSB) will be issued in the near future detailing the
necessary steps to correct this situation.
All part number and ordering information will be contained in the Technical Service
Bulletin. The parts will be available for immediate ordering when the TSB is released.
We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. We regard our customer's safety to be of
the utmost importance. It is for these reasons that we have made this difficult decision.
If you have any questions, please contact American Suzuki.

I'm still waiting to see the list of 'affected units'.

I just talked to me dealer here in Va and he said he just got the letter yesterday. He said no details and he would let me know asap. I took it that they cant sell them either. Everyone just be careful until they get it worked out

DSC_0014RS.jpg

Sales are halted from the discussion I had yesterday when I was walking through the local dealership.

BS!!!!!!!!! This is just a scam created by the ZX14 Forum to keep the Busa's under 160 so they could pass a few!

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back