Suzuki Corporate and the 08 RECALL

Why the heck are some of these dealers having such a hard time understanding this recall ?? This guy can't get his replaced even though it was routed incorrectly and my dealer says they need to change them all even if they are routed correctly. The dealers are supposed to by the "experts", the "professionals" and yet we, the consumer have to do the research and make sure the recall is performed properly. This does not instill much confidence!!!
Thankyou.

Why the heck are some of these dealers having such a hard time understanding this recall ?? This guy can't get his replaced even though it was routed incorrectly and my dealer says they need to change them all even if they are routed correctly. The dealers are supposed to by the "experts", the "professionals" and yet we, the consumer have to do the research and make sure the recall is performed properly. This does not instill much confidence!!!
Your new to the motorcycle dealership/service department experience aren't you?
laugh.gif

Had my recall performed yesterday. Mine was fine all they did was punch the punch the fram at the VIN. My dealer is very good. The senior tech and another tech walked my through everything they were suppose to look for and showed me what it would look like if it was routed wrong. Very thorough and in great detail. I am very lucky to have such a great dealer.

I buy my busa a month ago in a dealer and was used with 300k, I dont received any notificacion yet and im in the range, what I have to do?
thanks

Not sure if your bike is part of the recall.... What I've seen has only been for the USA and Canada bound bikes. Now, this doesn't mean your in the clear I would call Suzuki and double check. You can take a look at this post and see for yourself what to look for. Not to complicated and only takes a few minutes. Hope this helps...

Not sure if your bike is part of the recall.... What I've seen has only been for the USA and Canada bound bikes. Now, this doesn't mean your in the clear I would call Suzuki and double check. You can take a look at this post and see for yourself what to look for. Not to complicated and only takes a few minutes. Hope this helps...
Ok i will call suzuki but i think it is because all the bike that came to puerto rico came from usa, anyway thanks i will call and ask and i will be posted any thing

I call my dealer this morning and yes, it extended to puerto rico the recall, i got my oppointmet yet

I call my dealer this morning and yes, it extended to puerto rico the recall, i got my oppointmet yet
Good to know but sorry to hear.... I'll add that info to the first post, thanks for posting this!

I'm taking mine to the dealer next week to have the recall performed. Basically, I talked to them previously over the phone and convinced them that the cable was mis-routed and that it would need a new ignition switch. I offered to send them photos, but they said they'd believe me because I was familiar with the TSB (thanks to this forum). To make them feel even better, I said I'd cover the cost of the ignition switch, at their cost, if I was wrong. The service manager didn't seem too thrilled about Suzuki allowing only 1.3 hours to perform the work.
Here's a question: Is there anything I can/should do regarding a partial disassembly of any panels or swtich that might make things go easier for the tech? I have to ride about 90 miles to the dealer, and I can put any removed components in a backpack and take them with me. I am willing to do this in order to save time for the both of us.

just had recall done. i don't see any difference in the wiring but i took it in so now if anything happens it is all on suzuki
thumb_up.gif

Back