Suzuki Recall Jan 2016 Includes Gen 2 Busa

my dealer said the same, they want the bike before they order the part. WTF?

I just called my VIN into my dealer and they ordered it. When I went to have it installed they double checked the number and I was on the road 20 minutes later.

Anyone get their old rectifier back if you ask for it?
How many guys haven't done this recall yet?
Anyone see an increase in the charging system voltage to battery?

There is no change in charging. The recall was because of the glue they used. The dealership has to keep your old one.

My local a dealership wanted me to leave the bike with them for two weeks while they ordered the part.

When I questioned them They said "Suzuki wants to have the bike on hand be for they ship it."

Nope that is your policy not suzuki's. Now that you lied to me I will only deal with the spokane Suzuki dealership. But they are so enept that they can't seem to get the part order right.

Oh well look they are my last resort. But 3 1/2 months messing with this recall is a little ridiculous.

Called my local dealer today. Gave them the vin & bike info.
But then she was telling me something about 10 days or its void on the recall as I received it in feb but I just got another notice.
She was like you got two recall notices? I was yes I did. Blah blah blah......
Anyhow she said she'll call me when the part arrives and I can take it in to get it swapped out.

Called Atlantic Power Cycle in Waldorf, MD. Dropped it off Tuesday afternoon and was back riding on Thursday morning. Alex was cool as poop!!!! In and out with customer service
Was notified of additional recall for ignition switch (my first time hearing about it).
Looking for a rectifier relocation bracket

i haven't got recall letter :(
o.png

Called my local dealer today. Gave them the vin & bike info.
But then she was telling me something about 10 days or its void on the recall as I received it in feb but I just got another notice.
She was like you got two recall notices? I was yes I did. Blah blah blah......
Anyhow she said she'll call me when the part arrives and I can take it in to get it swapped out.

I also got a second recall notice but as mentioned before I have been in a 3 1/2 month feasco.

As for time limits I don't think there are any get.

The only time limit I have ever hit was an a pt cruiser. The previous owner didn't get the head recall done and traded it in. 3 years later when problems piped up they wouldn't go good for the recall.

Took three of them in today, an 09 and two 08's. Last time was quick and easy, I had everything disassembled for them so just switch and test. This time was the same except they said the 08's needed the ignition switch removed and disassembled, and the wiring harness inspected and there wasn't time for that. Seems like that was a really old recall that they should have already done. So now I have to take those two back next week.

And...they are going to replace the Chinese made rectifiers with... rectifiers that are made in China:rofl:
That doesn't surprise me. Anything made in China basically is crap. Nothing fits nothing works even thier aftermarket fairings aren't even colour matched. Should stick to making noodles.

Took mine in and they replaced it.
Too bad they didn't install the lower cowl correct, I had to do that myself.

anyone having problems with bike charging after the recall? My bike was fine i have a brand new battery. Road to work everyday this week and friday wouldn't start when I wanted to leave. checked voltage once i jumped it and had my 25 min ride home was at 12.1v. now 14 hours later my battery is at 11.8v. the clock shouldn't use that much voltage and the battery is new as of march of this year.

I haven't had any trouble with mine. What is your voltage with the bike running? Although it is less than six months old your battery may be on its way out.

I haven't had any trouble with mine. What is your voltage with the bike running? Although it is less than six months old your battery may be on its way out.
"I'll check that next time I take the bike out. I've had the battery on the tender since sometime on Saturday.

"I'll check that next time I take the bike out. I've had the battery on the tender since sometime on Saturday.

The only reason I bring it up is I just went through it with another bike we have. I put a new battery in, bike was started maybe 6 times in a week. Worked great, put on tender for 1 day a week for 6 months. Tender said it was good but it was junk. Battery was out of warranty, I was out of luck. Worked out that it cost me about $17 everytime I started the bike with that battery.

No problems here, they just wanted the VIN and the recall notice.

Second time anyone but me got their hands on my baby.:eek: First rectifier recall and second rectifier recall. Hope they got it right this time.

Back