Suzuki Recall Jan 2016 Includes Gen 2 Busa

I talked to my dealer today. He ran both my literbike vin (not on the recall) and my Busa vin (IS on the recall).

He says they replace the rectifier, AGAIN even though mine has already been replaced once. Interesting.

Update: Rode my bike up to the dealer this AM, they had it done in about 30 minutes...easy peasy.....

I have a 2011 and haven't got notice of the recall. Have you guys been getting letters from Suzuki? From the dealer? Do you think all 2011 busas will be recalled? Thanks.

The stealership ordered parts for my 2008; should have them this week and then I will get it done...

I have a 2011 and haven't got notice of the recall. Have you guys been getting letters from Suzuki? From the dealer? Do you think all 2011 busas will be recalled? Thanks.

I haven't gotten a letter either I contacted the dealership they ran my VIN #, I have parts on the way.

If your local dealership is also a Honda dealer then chances are they have their hands full with all the Godwings that are being recalled and haven't got around to the Suzuki recall yet.

Do you guys think this is some what connected to the dreaded no start issue when warm or hot on some busas ? :thumbsup:

Kind of ironic, yesterday I asked if you guys were getting letters, today I got a letter from Suzuki stating my bike is on the list and I need to call my dealer to set up appt.

I relocated mine to up in the tail section several years ago,wonder if that would void a recall/replacement?Five years on it now(and on OEM battery)and never an issue so doubt I'll bother with it.

The Belgium Hayabusa Owners have today also a Recall / letter from Dealers

Dutch drivers not yet .
We all have it for first Recall at sat 26-02-11

P.S. My letter from Suzuki came in last nights mail..so this confirms they are sending them...

Got mine in the mail last night made appointment today, wait on a call back to take bike in once the R/R comes in.

Got my recall letter. Now to figure out if it's worth taking to the dealer or not. Last time I had bike there they cross threaded a fairing bolt and scratched tail plastic. May just take my chances and buy aftermarket part. Very shotty work at xtreme Suzuki in claysville PA

Not sure why people are mentioning getting a new battery. I just got my recall letter today.

It only mentioned a rectifier, but no battery. I am still on my original battery, but I have been tossing around the idea of getting an new lithium battery.

Too funny. I had my rectifier replaced during the first go around. Looks like I am headed back.

I too got the letter in the mail for my '09. I bought mine as a left over bike so, the recall was done before I was handed the keys. I guess I'll schedule an app to get it done.

The recall letter alludes to the adhesive used to hold the circuit board not holding with the heat, allowing the board to come loose and bounce around and creating the problem. All that for a little glue....

Back