Suzuki Corporate and the 08 RECALL

This is to the guys who said the dealers just rerouted the wires.

The recall states that if the wires need to be rerouted, the dealer is supposed to replace the ignition switch.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
What is Suzuki doing to solve the problem?
The repair consists of thoroughly inspecting the ignition switch lead wire routing. If the ignition
switch lead wire is not routed or clamped properly, Suzuki will replace the ignition switch/lead
wire assembly. Your original lock set will be installed onto the new ignition switch/lead wire
assembly so that your original key will operate the ignition switch. Repair time is approximately
1.3 hours and will be performed at no cost to you for parts or labor[/quote]

What did the dealers tell you regarding the ignition switch swap?
Or did they just bill suzuki for the parts and labour and sweep it under the carpet?

They give it that bend for slack when turning..

Im thinking its a pretty easy fix,and if I had a 08 would never let them mess with the bike for that!!!..But also guess under recall it would say they did fix it for future referance..

Just returned from the dealership and everything checked out o.k. They just punched the VIN # and I'm glad it's all over with.
biggrin.gif

Dealer said to me tonite when I picked mine up "if the bike is driven at all and is routed incorrectly they have to replace it."

Mine is good now.
thumb_up.gif

2nd time insturment fuse blew. Took fairing apart replaced fuse and pulled on every wire possible. Even pulled the insturment pannel itself out.

Well, my beloved "Wasabi" is at the shop getting her 14k mile service (albeit 800 miles late), and having the recall inspection/replacement effected.

I gave my camera to the service department manager and asked him to record what he saw so I can post the pix up here.

Gonna be a scorcher this weekend...good for hitting the canyons and mountain passes.

Pix to follow...

Just came back from dealership. they are gonna replace the wires but keep my same ignition. The gray tape was off abit

I checked the tie wrap placement on mine yesterday.
It's mounted above the gray tape.

I rode out to the dealer this morning and made an appointment to have the work done Tuesday morning. They have the parts on the shelf. In and out while I wait.

Give you local dealer a chance guys and gals.

I received my letter last week and took mine in to the dealer yesterday as mine fell within the VIN range. They inspected it and told me that my harness was routed fine!

mine is being repaired right now... does all the body have to come off? if so that sucks..i hope they are careful only thing on the new bike is bugs...will inspect when it done in a few hours.
lurk.gif

G'day guys,
The recall has affected Aussie units aswell. I did my own inspection and found the ignition switch lead wire had been routed behind the right switch harness so I had my inspection done yesterday by the dealership where I purchased. They just re-routed and said that it looked ok, no rubbing etc so replacement wasn't necessary, even after I pointed out in my recall letter that it must be replaced. Anyway not beeing happy with the dealers opinion i went home and sent an email to Suzuki Australia and detailed my issue, this afternnon I had a phone call from my dealer saying that he had misread the service bulletin, has ordered my ignition switch and lead wire assembly and will call me as soon as it gets in.

Who says an individual doesn't have a voice?

Here is a pic of my wiring before my inspection.
Cheers

IWL_Before.JPG

Why the heck are some of these dealers having such a hard time understanding this recall ?? This guy can't get his replaced even though it was routed incorrectly and my dealer says they need to change them all even if they are routed correctly. The dealers are supposed to by the "experts", the "professionals" and yet we, the consumer have to do the research and make sure the recall is performed properly. This does not instill much confidence!!!

Back