Rectifier recall notice came today

Got a recall over here in the UK for the reg / rec. has anyone got the full workshop .pdf for the SSB including what parts and work which needs to be done on a 08 Busa 2nd gen ? Any help much apreachiated .

Got a recall over here in the UK for the reg / rec. has anyone got the full workshop .pdf for the SSB including what parts and work which needs to be done on a 08 Busa 2nd gen ? Any help much apreachiated .

Hello from Holland.
? Do you want a Service Manual from the 2e gen. !
Here you can Download the Manual:

Service manuals for Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycles, free download of service manuals for your GSXR bikes

This is the Part:
33ygq47.jpg

This is the place:
zwl5f.jpg

To replace the Part, pull out the 2 plugs/Pins from the bellywing.
Switch the connectors and have fum .
Drive with NO problems anymore.

Greetings From the Netherlands , Kees

Man you guys are lucky my suzuki dealers take forever they won't call after the work is done, and there is no scheduled appointments just drop it off and wait. I've had the worst luck with my local dealers. They won't just order the part and call me when it comes in, if I drop off my bike it will be couple of weeks before I see it again.

What dealer did you go to so i can steer clear of them!

I had my rectifier done a couple weeks ago. Looks like most of the replacement ones on this site are black. The replacement one on mine is silver like the stock one. How would I know if they just said they changed it but really didn't?

What dealer did you go to so i can steer clear of them!

+1
A vendor that disregards the client like that should be avoided at all costs.

My dealer ordered the part and called me when it was in. I then arranged to drop the bike, at my convenience. Given the time of year/business, they estimated a week to get my bike in the que and done...they had it ready in less than 48 hours and then I picked it up at my convenience. I didn't expect them to get it done at the drop of a hat and they didn't expect me to take time off from work or to ride in massive thunderstorms to pick up or drop off. We worked together. That's how it s/b.

Find another dealer.

I had my rectifier done a couple weeks ago. Looks like most of the replacement ones on this site are black. The replacement one on mine is silver like the stock one. How would I know if they just said they changed it but really didn't?

By law you can always ask for the old part back. Of course, if they're really dishonorable, they'll have a stack of such parts to provide to the few clients that actually do ask.

Just one more risk that we take when having others do work on our bikes and the reason that a reputable dealer is worth travelling a bit farther if need be.

Mine looks like the old ones also. You should be able to look at the plugs or the backside of the rectifier. I thought they had put an old one on too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:rofl::laugh:???:whistle:

So I called the three dealers around me, each about 30 miles away, my need being saving time, as during the week every hour lost is money out of my pocket.

Dealer 1.

"You have to come in and bring me the recall notice so we can order the part, it will take a few days, then bring the bike."

Me: "So I have to come in twice, how about I fax you the recall notice, then I only come in once.?"
Dealer: "Sorry we cannot do that, we have to get the original letter, but you could drop the bike off and leave it here till the part arrives, then we will fit it."
Me: "That still means I have to come in twice."
Dealer: "Sorry, that is the best we can do."

So I call dealer 2.

"We have the part in stock, but service is fully booked two weeks out. Bring the bike in and we will fit it in when we get a chance, may take up to three days."

Call dealer 3, this gets funny:

"You have to bring the recall notice in and drop off the bike, then we will order the part, it will take a few days to do."

Me. "Can't I bring the bike when you get the part in stock, so I can wait while you fit it?"

Dealer. "No, you have to drop the bike off, as this is a safety recall, you are not supposed to be riding the bike, as it is dangerous."

Me. "How about I bring you the letter and the old rectifier, and you just give me a new one and I will sign everyting you want me to sign?"

Dealer. "Nope, we are not allowed to do that."

Anyone know how much a new regulator/rectifier costs, as it may be cheaper for me to just buy one online and fit it myself?

:rofl::laugh:???:whistle:

So I called the three dealers around me, each about 30 miles away, my need being saving time, as during the week every hour lost is money out of my pocket.

Dealer 1.

"You have to come in and bring me the recall notice so we can order the part, it will take a few days, then bring the bike."

Me: "So I have to come in twice, how about I fax you the recall notice, then I only come in once.?"
Dealer: "Sorry we cannot do that, we have to get the original letter, but you could drop the bike off and leave it here till the part arrives, then we will fit it."
Me: "That still means I have to come in twice."
Dealer: "Sorry, that is the best we can do."

So I call dealer 2.

"We have the part in stock, but service is fully booked two weeks out. Bring the bike in and we will fit it in when we get a chance, may take up to three days."

Call dealer 3, this gets funny:

"You have to bring the recall notice in and drop off the bike, then we will order the part, it will take a few days to do."

Me. "Can't I bring the bike when you get the part in stock, so I can wait while you fit it?"

Dealer. "No, you have to drop the bike off, as this is a safety recall, you are not supposed to be riding the bike, as it is dangerous."

Me. "How about I bring you the letter and the old rectifier, and you just give me a new one and I will sign everyting you want me to sign?"

Dealer. "Nope, we are not allowed to do that."

Anyone know how much a new regulator/rectifier costs, as it may be cheaper for me to just buy one online and fit it myself?

I would talk to the service manager and see if they can help you out with ordering the part first w/o a visit. My dealer had no problem getting the part in and then having me come in with the bike. I dropped it off on Friday, they had it ready Monday. :)

i never showed a letter, they went and ordered the part ahead of time via telephone, and finished the swap within 45min. while i waited. i would ring a dealer further out of your normal range and take a nice ride and get prompt service.

Wow, I had no letter, went in three days later, ate lunch next door, and rode the bike home.

Here is how my dealer handled this. Granted, I've made threads talking about the crap dealers that are local to me, and this dealership is 2 hours away, but I make the trip...

I sent an email stating I got the recall letter. He sends an email back saying the part is on the shelf with your name on it, when the weather gets nice, just call us and give us a couple hour notice, and ride on up here. We'll fix it while you wait....

Keep searching people, there ARE good dealerships out there... :beerchug:
Team Motorsports, Depere, WI.
Honda East, Toledo, OH.

So far the only two that I know are stand up dealerships. :laugh:

Had the recall done here in Germany. They needed a lil extra info on the bike like purchase date..but no problem.
Posted via Mobile Device

I was lucky enough to be able to do it myself and just trade the old for the new so me and my mechanic are the only two to touch my bike so far.

I had mine done this past week. 384 miles on a new 09' and it gave up the ghost! We were really hoping to make it to the first 500 mile service and have it done then.

It left us setting on the side of the road just on the south side of Warrenton VA on our road trip south at about 4pm April 28th. The folks at Manassas Honda kawasaki Suzuki came and collected us, the bike and all our stuff. They replaced the rectifier, completed the first full service (OUCH), dropped us off & collected us from a hotel, and we were back on the road the next day a little while after lunch. We lost some road time and it put us behind a bit but the trip is going good otherwise.

I had mine done this past week. 384 miles on a new 09' and it gave up the ghost! We were really hoping to make it to the first 500 mile service and have it done then.

It left us setting on the side of the road just on the south side of Warrenton VA on our road trip south at about 4pm April 28th. The folks at Manassas Honda kawasaki Suzuki came and collected us, the bike and all our stuff. They replaced the rectifier, completed the first full service (OUCH), dropped us off & collected us from a hotel, and we were back on the road the next day a little while after lunch. We lost some road time and it put us behind a bit but the trip is going good otherwise.

Gald ya got through it OK, considering. There's a lesson for the rest of us in there somewhere. :whistle: :laugh:

:beerchug:

My letter says "do not operate your affected motorcycle. To minimize the risk of a crash, do not ride, or allow anyone else to ride your motorcycle untill this recall service has been completed". Sounds like suzuki wants the bike trailered to the dealer.

Back