Rectifier recall notice came today

I was checking on my crash repair job and the tech said he replaced the rectifier while they had it all apart:thumbsup:.didn't even ask them to do it.:thumbsup:

I'm going on 6 weeks now and the dealership still doesn't have them in yet.
Time to call another dealer. Sheesh, just give me the part and I'll install the bloody thing myself. :poke:

I took mine off my bikes and exchanged them at the dealership. I guess it didn't matter to them since they will get reimbursed for the labor through Suzuki.

I took mine off my bikes and exchanged them at the dealership. I guess it didn't matter to them since they will get reimbursed for the labor through Suzuki.

Anyone know of a dealer in SoCal which will do this? I don't want my bike towed (it's not charging) and I don't want their monkeys (who tightened my oil fill cap with vice grips during the PDI, bending it) touching my bike...

Anyone know of a dealer in SoCal which will do this? I don't want my bike towed (it's not charging) and I don't want their monkeys (who tightened my oil fill cap with vice grips during the PDI, bending it) touching my bike...

If its a recall, and you are having problems, SUZUKI should be paying for your tow. Just my $.02

And as far as the oil fill cap, find yourself a new dealership. There are like 5 within 50 miles of my house in Wisconsin, I can't imagine in Cali there is only one Suzuki dealership.. :poke:

Probably a shortage on rectifiers. I don't have mine fixed yet either. So far I haven't had a problem but I'd like to get it fixed before I do. I have a good relationship with my dealer so I trust what they're telling me so I'll be patient and wait.

If its a recall, and you are having problems, SUZUKI should be paying for your tow. Just my $.02

And as far as the oil fill cap, find yourself a new dealership. There are like 5 within 50 miles of my house in Wisconsin, I can't imagine in Cali there is only one Suzuki dealership.. :poke:

The 2 dealers within 20 miles of me said I'd have to eat the tow. I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Suzuki over this... Maybe I shoulda bought a ZX14...:whistle:

For the record, I abso-friggin-loutly loved my Gen 1 and never had an issue with it. My Gen2 has been an improvement in handling and power but reliability...:banghead:

The 2 dealers within 20 miles of me said I'd have to eat the tow. I'm becoming more and more disappointed with Suzuki over this... Maybe I shoulda bought a ZX14...:whistle:
For the record, I abso-friggin-loutly loved my Gen 1 and never had an issue with it. My Gen2 has been an improvement in handling and power but reliability...:banghead:

TOTALLY not trying to be a jerk, but I've had my recall notice for like 2 months at least, I'm assume you have as well. Were you one of the ones that said they are just gonna take their chances??
This isn't just a 'Busa problem, it was their supplier for the rectifiers in general. MANY Gsxr's effected as well.

On the other hand, they should definitely be paying for your tow. Are you still under warranty?

Not under warranty anymore, they won't pay for the tow and because of the low mileage I have put on the bike so far and the oil fill cap thing I have been dreading taking it in (I have had the notice for a while, 2months sounds about right) but no I never said I would just take my chances. The last ride I took (consequentially the one I lost my shift rod on :banghead:) the bike was cutting out and the lights where dim on the way home, indicating to me the rectifier is now bad too.

So all you have to do is open it up and fix the adhesive problem then you won't need a new rectifier. Has anyone had problems before they replaced their rectifier? I have 16,000 miles with no issues.
2.5 years of ownership and 16,500 miles and no issues. And yes, I will take my chances rather than have some knuckle dragger at these so called dealerships ruin my ride!

Not under warranty anymore, they won't pay for the tow and because of the low mileage I have put on the bike so far and the oil fill cap thing I have been dreading taking it in (I have had the notice for a while, 2months sounds about right) but no I never said I would just take my chances. The last ride I took (consequentially the one I lost my shift rod on :banghead:) the bike was cutting out and the lights where dim on the way home, indicating to me the rectifier is now bad too.
for the shift rod, thread locker is your friend. i had the same issue and was able to catch it in the garage for my usual pre ride inspection.

Hello from greece!
Just finish the rectifier replacement and i notice that the new unit after 3-4 minutes turn very hot but i never test the old for temperature.. Has anyone notice this?
My main concern is the 2 connectors.. very tricky position for my hands and without "feeling" i dont know (except the klik sound) if something going wrong inside..
(The measurements seems normal 14.2 v at idle and 14.5 above 3.500 rpm for both)
ah.. My battery is not in a good shape of course...

So all you have to do is open it up and fix the adhesive problem then you won't need a new rectifier. Has anyone had problems before they replaced their rectifier? I have 16,000 miles with no issues.

My wife's bike had all the 'known' issues with the rectifier - cutting off while riding, not holding a charge, etc., and the dealership took 6 months to figure it out! The brain surgeons there kept trying all kinds of things, at one point even trying 'your after market seats are pressing the battery in a bad spot causing it to short out!' and 'the terminals on your battery are bad...'. Finally after I told them there's a charging issue and I think the rectifier is bad they checked and found out it was! Rectifier was replaced under warranty, they tried to make me pay for a battery (that caused a big show!! :whistle: :moon: I didn't pay!!) and then 6 months later...rectifier recall!!

Sorry for double post, i just return from test ride.. two more comments:
1) after almost 20 miles ride the rectifier is very very hot - untouchable.
(very hot day 89 F)
2)in this hot condition the above measurements are the same BUT
when the cooling fan start, drop 2 volts! 12.2 V at idle and 12.5 V at above 3.500 rpm (and at 5000 rpm) when the manual indicate 13.5 to 15.5 V at 5000..
Any advice? ???

My wife's bike had all the 'known' issues with the rectifier - cutting off while riding, not holding a charge, etc., and the dealership took 6 months to figure it out! The brain surgeons there kept trying all kinds of things, at one point even trying 'your after market seats are pressing the battery in a bad spot causing it to short out!' and 'the terminals on your battery are bad...'. Finally after I told them there's a charging issue and I think the rectifier is bad they checked and found out it was! Rectifier was replaced under warranty, they tried to make me pay for a battery (that caused a big show!! :whistle: :moon: I didn't pay!!) and then 6 months later...rectifier recall!!

Wow, I wouldn't have had all of that patience. Well if mine starts doing that, I know what I'll have to do.

Back