Rectifier recall notice came today

i got my notice also. yep the heat sink box under the belly pan. it changes ac to dc. it should only take about 15-20 mins to change out so i think i will let them change it since they don't have to touch anything major on it.

Thanks, BLACK10. Easy for them to change and very easy for us to check.

HOWEVER,
just spoke to dealership and the service guy who seemed quite aware of the situation said it is a 1 hour job because of plastic removal (belly, tail under seat work?) IDK? Either this guy is mistaken or he is giving me some BS. Oh well 1 hour--I can wait while they do the work. Maybe they will even let me remove/install plastics. ....I doubt they would need to do a test ride for this.

I just had mine done and I have my oil changed at the same time. It took 2 hours and I didn't have an appointment. Ellicot Power Sports in Ellicot City is where I went (Sport Customs71) and they had 3 modules left.

Question: Why do we have a rectifier for AC to DC? what the heck is AC current doing in our bike in the first place? Battery = DC only, right?

I went to the dealer today to ask about it and have an apointment to have the rectifirer replaced tommorow. I have not had any issus. I have an 09 busa with 21,000 miles but I will get it replaced any way. Better safe than sorry. The guy told me the 1000s and 600s are having the same problem.

I told my wife what I was doing today and she said, how did you know? You just got the notice in the mail today:whistle:

Question: Why do we have a rectifier for AC to DC? what the heck is AC current doing in our bike in the first place? Battery = DC only, right?

The alternator on your car puts out AC (alternating current) then it's converted to DC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Just got mine today in the mail... :pullhair:
Blanca... where you taking yours? I don't know about my local one here... my father had a bad experience at our local one here on the treasure coast...

The alternator on your car puts out AC (alternating current) then it's converted to DC.
Posted via Mobile Device

Thanks BA BUSA. Hm.... I thought AC was only from outlets in your wall.:beerchug: I guess I never thought about it enough to wonder where it came from. Same sort of thing as the alternator in a car, I suppose..just a lot bigger.

Just got mine today in the mail... :pullhair:
Blanca... where you taking yours? I don't know about my local one here... my father had a bad experience at our local one here on the treasure coast...

I hope you CAN have your choice. I called the shop I trust (not the same dealership I bought from) and the guy there told me that i should take it to the dealership I purchased from -- for warranty purposes.

I hope the place I bought from is good:please:

Got mine Friday, it's no big deal unless they don't have the part in stock........... or the R/R fails open and frys my computer. I've got 24k and it lives on a batt tender.

Got my letter yesterday, 14 March 2011. Hopefully I won't have to wait forever to get this repair done. Riding season is fast approaching! So far I haven't had any problems with my 09 Busa, I have approx 3k miles on the bike......det45

About to gear up and head to dealer to get mine replaced!!! They said they will do it while i wait... Said it will take no longer then 30 mins!! :thumbsup:

Back