Rectifier recall notice came today

Just recieved the notice today about the 2009 Busa. I called the closest dealership and they informed me that they do not have the part and will not order the part till I drop off the bike. They informed me they will have it for about 3 to 4 DAYS till the part comes in. They said they wanted to make sure I did ride the bike and that is why they are doing it this way.

Will be calling more dealerships in the area and a call to Suzuki corporate about this BS. Not expecting much from Suzuki but I least I get to let off some steam on them about it.
:banghead:

Got the rectumfier:laugh: replaced on the ole girl today and I can say that mine was bad.

I stopped on the way to the dealer to get gas and the bike barely started back. Made it to the dealer and when they went to start it to take it in the shop it would barely crank over again.

Got it replaced and she's good to go now:beerchug:

30 minutes to put it back to Suzuki's stock location! :whistle:Havent put it back in my stock location yet..... I hope too soon!:laugh:

Blanca.... I got it back to my stock location. Had to use the Hayabusa's tool kit. 25 minutes from start to finish.

Just recieved the notice today about the 2009 Busa. I called the closest dealership and they informed me that they do not have the part and will not order the part till I drop off the bike. They informed me they will have it for about 3 to 4 DAYS till the part comes in. They said they wanted to make sure I did ride the bike and that is why they are doing it this way.

Will be calling more dealerships in the area and a call to Suzuki corporate about this BS. Not expecting much from Suzuki but I least I get to let off some steam on them about it.
:banghead:
That sucks. My dealer said they were just going to order the part but didn't want me to bring in my bike in until they had it so I could keep riding. So yea, I would find another dealer for sure.

I got my rectifier changed out today. I asked if they would let me do and they said no. I hate letting a dealership work on my bike. They also stamped a dot at the end of the vin # on the neck of the bike. They said that show's the recall was done on my bike.

I'd rather buy the "rectumfier" outright,then have a "Tech" work on my bike,Stamp a dot on the neck of the frame:11zpissed:HELL NO!!...that's BS when the "Tech"???does a recall Fix they put the Vin# into Suzuki's Database,I would not let a "tech" with a hammer and punch near my bike!
Dr.N

My recall notice came today. The rectifier died on my drive home from the dealership the day I bought it in May of 2010. Looks like this will be rectifier #2.

I'd rather buy the "rectumfier" outright,then have a "Tech" work on my bike,Stamp a dot on the neck of the frame:11zpissed:HELL NO!!...that's BS when the "Tech"???does a recall Fix they put the Vin# into Suzuki's Database,I would not let a "tech" with a hammer and punch near my bike!
Dr.N

Actually the "dot" was made with a spring loaded punch. No hammer involved.

I received my notice in the mail today, we have 2- dealerships here within riding distance. I plan to call both of them and see what their plans of actions are. I don't want to leave my busa in no ones hands for more than an hour, to correct this possible problem. I prefer to work on her myself.

I was told since it was a "safety" recall, it would have to be done by a dealership. It was difficult watching someone else touch her.

Dealership here ordered parts for me on 3/4 or so, came in on Wednesday, replaced on both bikes today!! Work was done on both bikes in less than 2 hours! The rectifier on my wife's bike was bad for sure (had already been replaced once under warranty - and still bad!), the bike has been on a Battery Tender all winter and still didn't want to start when I took it out there, fired right up when I picked it up!!

The recall was issued on Feb 25th. Most dealers know nothing about it. When I had them run the VIN on my hubby's bike the recall actually showed up under "recall History". I told him what i knew (from here) and sure as **** that is what it was. I just got the official recall notice in the mail today. Our dealer said it should only be 30-60 mins worth of work but I had to check back next week to find out when the parts would be in...

I got my Recall letter in the mail today :laugh:
Funny thing , I took the bike to the dealer last week on Tuesday and picked it up that Saturday ! :laugh: Better late then never :laugh:

I got my Recall letter in the mail today :laugh:
Funny thing , I took the bike to the dealer last week on Tuesday and picked it up that Saturday ! :laugh: Better late then never :laugh:

I think mine was completed two weeks ago, I still haven't received a letter :whistle:

Got my notice for my 08 a couple days ago.

No issues at all on my bike but very low miles---~1400 miles. The busa doesn't start as easy as the 14 in the cold but the busa has never let me down, even after two winters of storage in an unheated barn. Battery tender all winter. The first start is a little slow but it turns and she starts without a jump.

What is the rectifier...is that little box with the fins down there above the belly pan?

Are any you guys fixing yourself? I haven't let a dealership touch either bike yet.

..or do I just have to read this whole thread????:whistle:

Got my notice for my 08 a couple days ago.

No issues at all on my bike but very low miles---~1400 miles. The busa doesn't start as easy as the 14 in the cold but the busa has never let me down, even after two winters of storage in an unheated barn. Battery tender all winter. The first start is a little slow but it turns and she starts without a jump.

What is the rectifier...is that little box with the fins down there above the belly pan?

Are any you guys fixing yourself? I haven't let a dealership touch either bike yet.

..or do I just have to read this whole thread????:whistle:

i got my notice also. yep the heat sink box under the belly pan. it changes ac to dc. it should only take about 15-20 mins to change out so i think i will let them change it since they don't have to touch anything major on it.

Regulator%20relocate%20project%20010.jpg

Got the notice for my 08 Busa rectifer, I called Woods Fun Center and talked to service. They are aware of the recall and I tried to set up a appointment to get service but was told they don't have the parts, and on order and would be in sometime this week.
Still I felt that I should have been put on list for them to call when parts are in, there was no offer or suggestion, only to call back and see if the parts are in.

Got my notice the other day. Wife called up and they said they would call back when the part came in. Now I just need to find a friend to take the bike to the shop to have the work done :laugh:

Got my notice the other day. Wife called up and they said they would call back when the part came in. Now I just need to find a friend to take the bike to the shop to have the work done :laugh:

:rofl: yup, Im banned too! cant go within 100 feet of dealership employees!!:rulez:

Back