Rectifier recall notice came today

Yeah same thing here, I've not been called and or received any notice. I wonder if they would just let me take the unit up "since mines working fine as of now" when they get it in since it's a 10 min fix....

Mike

I stopped by a Local Dealer Saturday - they said they had them on order for their stock models and ordered 30 more for public consumption; thinking they would arrive before this Tuesday. I did not receive a letter yet. Also I bought another G2Bus - and had not transferred Wtty / Registration with Zuk. I called them this AM to confirm receipt of rectifiers and they said bring thing one in / had a service cancellation due to weather.

They called back and said thing one is done - bring thing 2. AWESOME. I go way back with this dealer but we have agreed at times to not make deals too. Happy this time as far as service. ((((( I hope it is as perfect as I left it! omg ))))) great thread.

I called the dealer today... they said to just bring in the bikes and they would take care of the recall... They said we didn't need a appt ???. I think I will call a different dealer to see what they say...:whistle:

I bought my '08 used. I went to the local Stealership today to get things lined up for the refit and find out that the Stealership that sold it as new (in another state) has already filed a claim against the recall on 03-03. It was sitting in my F******* shop and now they have me screwed up and I can't get the service done. I am going to call Suzuki customer service tomorrow and file a complaint (if they hav such a thinhg). In my mind that is fraud and as far as I am concerned they should lose their dealership.

i haven't gotten a notice yet, and my bike still away for winter. guess i better get it out soon and call dealer

IMG_20110305_143539.jpg

Got mine installed today. 30 min job and the mechanic let me keep my old one since i wasn't having any issues with it. The old rectifier was putting out 14+ volts. The new one is putting out well over 15+ volts. :cheerleader:

I have to drive 30 miles to the nearest stealership. Wonder if they will give me the part and allow me to fit it myself?

Yeah same thing here, I've not been called and or received any notice. I wonder if they would just let me take the unit up "since mines working fine as of now" when they get it in since it's a 10 min fix....

Mike
I'm curious how this could be a ten minute fix! They have to remove the fairing to get at it, don't they? If so, good luck guys, they'll more than likely ruin the fairing trying to remove it. I know the guys down at my shop would. So, I'm trapped! Therefore, I'll choose not to get the recall done and take my chances..............16,000 miles and never once a starting problem, even after sitting for two weeks at a time in the garage during winter.

I've moved mine from under the belly pan to inside tail piece .
Wonder if dealer will even replace mine or not ?

Local dealer called said mine has come in and to call them to set up install. Will have to be sometime next week. Great idea seeing if they will let me keep the old one as backup (or sell on ebay!)

I beleive since it's a warranty/recall item Suzuki is gonna want the old ones back .
Usually the way it works. I read above post where he got to keep old one but I think that won't be the norm.

I beleive since it's a warranty/recall item Suzuki is gonna want the old ones back .
Usually the way it works. I read above post where he got to keep old one but I think that won't be the norm.

That's how it's suppose to work. The dealer can get into a lot of trouble if they let a customer keep the re-called part

Back