Rectifier recall notice came today

Just got word back from my dealer in Canada. They have said there is a recall in place and that I will be receiving a letter from Suzuki directly.

09 grey/silver

Just got word back from my dealer in Canada. They have said there is a recall in place and that I will be receiving a letter from Suzuki directly.

09 grey/silver
sweet! i hope that goes for us yanks as well. :thumbsup:

The rectifier failed 2 years ago when the bike (08) was just 2 months old. I now wonder if the replacement is also from the defective batch and if so will it be listed for replacement.

this is interesting. just took my budies 09 750 to the shop to get a map installed and to figure out why it would shut off and sometimes not start even after a brand new battery. well a few days later they call and say it needs a rectifier and they wanna charge $700 to fix it. so we went and picked it up last week. funny i ran across this. dealer said nothing to me about this when i was there. Its a certain dealer that bought out Britt motorsports in jacksonville. the people are so unfriendly there and can be jerks 90% of the time. definately nothing like britt motorsports.

i just checked with my dealer for bolth of my bikes and the service guy said that he will give me 2 and ill just have to give him the old ones..thats cool that i could put them on myself

It showed when I just looked it up.

Make: SUZUKI Model: GSX1300R
Model Year: 2009
Manufacturer: AMERICAN SUZUKI MOTOR CORP.
Mfr's Report Date: FEB 18, 2011
Component: ELECTRICAL SYSTEM:ALTERNATOR/GENERATOR/REGULATOR
NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 11V108000

I hope , i can post it in 1
The info i found .:whistle:

fbezoi.jpg

29dk0wm.jpg

2aalg21.jpg

2j4yicj.jpg

opbkog.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1zf3riu.jpg

na5e.jpg

f9qvb4.jpg

2644cd4.jpg

j81s9h.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
2ibhn9h.jpg

5eddua.jpg

fu3lg8.jpg

33ohdso.jpg

201tax.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
34ffk2d.jpg

118j69z.jpg

Paid a visit to my dealer today, bought what I needed for an oil change and got my rectifier ordered. It's on back order and they'll call me when it comes in. Service manager said 15 minute repair.

On top of that the oil and filters ran me the same amount of money they did last year when I last changed my oil :cheerleader:

Does anybody know what the difference(s) is between the old and new rectifiers? The one on my wife's bike was replaced in September but if it's still the old part I would like to have it replaced with the new one.

I like the way that black one looks.
Might have to mount my new one on the outside instead of in the tail :)

Ref : Rectifier recall notice came today

Does this rectifier recall affect hayabusa's sold all over the world or its just US ?
I got a 2010 busa in India, which was imported from Japan
Appreciate a reply
Ram

Yes , all over the world.
Europe (The Netherlands Nimag suzuki import, have send a E-Mail to us)

We waiting on the new parts.

Greetings from The Netherlands , Kees.
member HCH hayabusaclubholland

Where is the rectifier located? Is it easy to get to? BTW I have a pdf of the 2009 service manual. If you want a copy send me an e-mail.

Back